What's new

Smoking areas

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
In a confined Queue, smoking is bad. But in the open around the park, I don't see the problem.

Was at Chessington a couple of weeks ago, they have smoking areas now, I wasn't smoking in one of these, and I was kindly asked to go to one. Tbh, I wasn't angry or anything, and the areas they have there seem fine, and there are enough of them :)

choluby

Roller Poster
nadroJ said:
^Hmm, depends though. I'm very anti-smoking. Not because I care if it will kill the person smoking or not but because I find the smell/taste of the smoke vile and I don't really want it blown in my face because it's gross. So if someone standing next to me in a queue decides to spark up and the fag smoke drifts across into my direction, I will say something.

It gives me headaches so I like the idea of smoking areas as long as they're away from main paths and queues (and anywhere else I would want to walk)

I had someone smoking in the queue for Indiana Jones at DSP but I didn't have the courage to tell him I didn't like it :oops:

michaellll

Mega Poster
Since I started smoking I have only gone to Busch Gardens and IOA/US and my god did some of those designated smoking areas blow. Most are trapped in a corner with nothing to look at besides the other smokers.

At least put a few in a place where you can look at something decent! A lake!? A little bit of a coaster!?

Jeesh.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
What about incense cigarettes like Cloud 9 and k2 cigarettes that have some... "high" effects. Can you smoke them in smoking areas? I know many parks sell alcohol, and hey if K2 is legal, why not be able to smoke it? for now i can only use E-Cigarettes to smoke it in parks (and let me tell you, it is insane going on Houdini after a k2 ciggarette)

michaellll

Mega Poster
They really sell incense cigarettes where you live? No way :0

Incense is becoming scarce in Florida. Not like I care much anyway. That **** is crazy.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I was going to join in this thread, but you two guys are just too cool!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
It never ceases to amaze me in these topics how smokers are completely oblivious to the fact that smoke doesn't just hang around you in a perfect bubble, but travels... everywhere. You don't need someone to actively "blow it in your face" for it to get in your face. They can be a good few metres away.

This morning, the infamous Tony smoked whilst using the phone at the back door. I could smell it walking down the stairs.

You all think you're considerate, but I have never in my life met a considerate smoker.

Now, whether or not you should have to be is another thing entirely. :p I just think it's funny that you all think you're so considerate to not NEED smoking areas, but I know for a fact none of you are.

marc

CF Legend
When at a live and I have a cigg I stand away from the group, far enough away so the smoke does not blow onto the none smokers. I dont think they created areas to stop the smell, its just a case of passive smoking which only has an effect with the first few seconds.

If people come and talk to me whilst I have one then that is their fault lol.

I will always use the areas if there is one, but it is not our fault that they sometime place them to close to where people walk. We all know smoke blows in the wind, as does the smell of food and farts which can also be really nasty :) When I leave a theme park I smell of worse things than ciggs.

Even if they do make people leave the park to have a cigg people will just stand by the gates and it will just get people when they go into the park.

You are never going to please everyone with these areas but it does help and there has to be some give and take unless people want it 100% banned in parks. Smoking is legal so until they ban it people have to put up with it even if they do not like just like I have to put up with the smell of beer which I totally hate as it makes me feel sick.

I fully understand why people do not like it, I actually hate the smell myself lol.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Joey said:
It never ceases to amaze me in these topics how smokers are completely oblivious to the fact that smoke doesn't just hang around you in a perfect bubble, but travels... everywhere. You don't need someone to actively "blow it in your face" for it to get in your face. They can be a good few metres away.

This morning, the infamous Tony smoked whilst using the phone at the back door. I could smell it walking down the stairs.

You all think you're considerate, but I have never in my life met a considerate smoker.

Now, whether or not you should have to be is another thing entirely. :p I just think it's funny that you all think you're so considerate to not NEED smoking areas, but I know for a fact none of you are.

No, I'm not considerate at all in fact I find most of the GP where I live to be super obnoxious and thefty. So forget them lol.

But the SFNE Smoking areas are rather nice

nadroJ

CF Legend
dropthefloor93 said:
What about incense cigarettes like Cloud 9 and k2 cigarettes that have some... "high" effects. Can you smoke them in smoking areas? I know many parks sell alcohol, and hey if K2 is legal, why not be able to smoke it? for now i can only use E-Cigarettes to smoke it in parks (and let me tell you, it is insane going on Houdini after a k2 ciggarette)

So basically you just revived this thread so you can talk about all the 'legal' drugs you do, but obviously not to make us realise how cool you are, the 'I look like Justin Timberlake' topic did that already. You are just so cool. Marry me already.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
^Feck off. And I already got my answer, and It was from six flags security, they simply didn't give a crap and thought it was funny.

The smoking areas at SFNE are just total b.s they make the entire area around mind eraser smell like anus and sin. All they are is a little 10x10 area surrounded by flowers for people to smoke and its right in the most densely populated part of the park.

Mark

Strata Poster
I would personally like to see a ban on drinking in theme parks. Its never gonna happen I know, but still.

The smell of someone who has been on the booze all day standing right behind you in a queue is vomit inducing to say the least and its very difficult to get away from, especially in long queues (as we found out in some of the Disney parks in the U.S.) Besides that, some human beings do tend to digress when they have had too much to drink and this really isn't a behaviour appropriate for a theme park.

I have no issue sticking to smoking areas in the parks to be honest. It doesn't phase me in the slightest. I am just glad that most have them and they don't make you leave the park. It's all about compromise in my opinion. I don't see what the harm is in smokers having a small area to go to so they can get on with our dirty little habit yadda yadda.

The irony is when you start seeing parents bringing their children in pushchairs and so on into the smoking areas. Does that not totally negate one of the reasons for having the areas in the first place?

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Not really, smoking areas really help to reduce allergic reactions to nicotine within the park (Hence the FAA Ban on smoking aboard airliners)

Regardless drinking within themeparks is a horrible problem, especially at Six Flags. Getting drunk and going on rollercoasters is never a good idea... just never.