What's new

Smoking areas

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
I am ashamed to say, I am a smoker. I was wondering, if there are parks that do not have a designated smoking area? And specifically, are there smoking areas at Cedar Point? Last time i went to Lake Compounce there was nowhere for me to go, so by the end of the day I had a killer headache. Now I realize this problem could be solved if I just kicked the habit, but every time I try, I end up starting again. So I'm very curious as to which parks I can and cannot smoke in.

Jer

Strata Poster
Knoebels does not have designated smoking areas, rather it has designated non-smoking areas, usually around kiddy areas.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Most major parks have switched over to designated smoking areas. Cedar Point is one of those parks. Unfortunately, I usually see many people anywhere in Cedar Point and other amusement parks who are smoking and an employee walking right by without even mentioning a smoking area to them. It's quite a shame.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, when I visited Cedar Point in 2007, I used the designated smoking areas. They are quite frequent throughout the park.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point does have smoking areas.

They are located:

Behind the restrooms next to Raptor
Behind the Giant Wheel next to WT and DT
Next to Panda Express on the Frontier Trail
Next to the Frontier Town train station and Mav

And.... erm.... other places in the parks! :razz:

I worked Guest Services in the park in 2009, so I'm a bit rusty on smoking locations inside the park. I can still tell you where all of the water fountains are though! They are next to Raptor, next to Ocean Motion, next to... :wink:

Error

Strata Poster
When I worked at Cedar Point, I told people who were smoking that they needed to go to a smoking area. I got told "**** off".

Most employees don't say anything because of that.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ah, but I had a power tie for Guest Services. That is what makes the difference.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Joey said:
CP is ****.

Hyde, I'm so glad you didn't work in GS when I went. My verbal onslaught may have displeased you.
Ah! But I would have however maybe be able to score you a couple front of the line passes! :wink:

Majority of parks in the U.S. have smoking areas, and some have moved to a no smoking policy. Smoking policies can be dependent on state laws (such as Ohio has a public smoking ban) as well as park discretion.

Bottomline, you can light up somewhere!

Jake

Strata Poster
The vast majority of parks have smoking areas, or let you smoke anywhere (but not in queue lines).

The only time I've personally had to LEAVE a park to smoke was Legoland California. There was one 'smoking area' next to the car park, but it was outside of the park so we had to get a hand stamp, smoke, then queue to get back in.

I think this is ridiculous to be honest. Not only does it waste time (not just the smoker, but the staff who have to deal with more people coming in and out), but I don't see the difference between a smoking area just outside the entrance and one in a quiet corner of the park.

Whatever, I had my cigs either way :).

marc

CF Legend
The best smoking area was at California Adventure, right on the lake opposite Screamin plus in a great place for the parade.

I saw about 5 rows there with none smoking complaining that people were smoking lol :)

It is always amazing how none smokers moan when people are smoking in a smoking area when they have the whole park to walk round, stand somewhere else if you dont like it :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jake said:
The only time I've personally had to LEAVE a park to smoke was Legoland California. There was one 'smoking area' next to the car park, but it was outside of the park so we had to get a hand stamp, smoke, then queue to get back in.
Don't forget Tusenfryd! Although we did have a crafty fag in the park well away from other guests and we disposed of our butts responsibly.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I love how so many smoking areas are absolutely horrid; they seem almost designed to induce shame. Like the lung cancer wasn't punishment enough.

Sam

Giga Poster
^ Indeed.

On the subject of such things, I think they're **** nonsence, a theme park is the outdoors, so long as you aren't smoking in a place that's enclosed what does it matter?

I will smoke where ever I damn well please after to spending £35 quid to spend my day in the outdoors....

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Hmm, depends though. I'm very anti-smoking. Not because I care if it will kill the person smoking or not but because I find the smell/taste of the smoke vile and I don't really want it blown in my face because it's gross. So if someone standing next to me in a queue decides to spark up and the fag smoke drifts across into my direction, I will say something.

However, as long as it's out of my face I couldn't really give a rat's arse.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
nadroJ said:
^Hmm, depends though. I'm very anti-smoking. Not because I care if it will kill the person smoking or not but because I find the smell/taste of the smoke vile and I don't really want it blown in my face because it's gross. So if someone standing next to me in a queue decides to spark up and the fag smoke drifts across into my direction, I will say something.

Nail. On. The. Head.

Sam

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:

Exactly... when walking around the park you're never going to be able to get smoke blown in your face unless it's done intentionally, and albeit you may smell the occasional whiff of smoke, it would be no different to what you would get in the street.... and in a queue line, any smoker with a shred of decency would happily oblige to extinguish their cigarette if a non smoker asked them to and would try their best to keep the cigarette away from other people and blow the smoke upwards.....

I'm very aware that a lot of people don't like smoking, but banning it in all areas of a park is a **** ridiculous idea.