What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Projektion

Mega Poster
Hyperion at Energylandia is now sponsored by Pepsi
1710025993158.png

If I had a nickel for every time a European Hyper got sponsored by Pepsi, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Hyperion at Energylandia is now sponsored by Pepsi
View attachment 30231

If I had a nickel for every time a European Hyper got sponsored by Pepsi, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.
If I had a nickel for every Pepsi-sponsored hyper coaster in Europe...

edit: did not notice Projektion made the same meme, oops

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
Movie Park Germany will keep their 4D simulator dark ride The Lost Temple closed for the entirety of the 2024 season in preparation for some sort of transformation of the ride come 2025. The ride sat closed between 2020 and 2022 due to the pandemic and only operated sporadically in 2023, and so this transformation also aims to fix many of the ride’s longstanding issues. Wether this is tied to the recent survey that hinted at more Paramount Pictures IPs being introduced to the park is yet unknown.

cookie

Giga Poster
Movie Park Germany’s director has revealed that the park’s been in talks with both GCI and RMC on wether or not to install steel track on the park’s infamous Bandit wooden coaster in the near future. Right now the park is busy retracking about 180 meters of track with wood, but the park has expressed interest in replacing troublesome sections with steel track should it come to it. The director says that Bandit remains the most popular attraction at the park despite its reputation, and so the park wants to keep it in operation.

Last edited:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hersheypark is craning Comet's new PTC trains onto the track in preparation of the park's 118th season that begins March 29th - the earliest opening day ever. I posted the video on our Facebook, Twitter, and Threads social media feeds.

Hersheypark_2024_Comet_New Trains.JPG

Hersheypark_2024_Comet_Train Near Track.JPG

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
SC Holdings has acquired Santa Monica Amusements, the operator of Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier in California. The private equity firm intends to make over $10 million investment in the amusement park over the next five years, with a focus on its entertainment and food offerings. The park will also have some additional support from a heavyweight in the theme park industry. Lars Liebst will serve on the advisory board for Pacific Park. Liebst was the CEO of Tivoli Gardens, the world’s second-oldest amusement park, for 24 years. Source

cookie

Giga Poster
Movie Park Germany will keep their 4D simulator dark ride The Lost Temple closed for the entirety of the 2024 season in preparation for some sort of transformation of the ride come 2025. The ride sat closed between 2020 and 2022 due to the pandemic and only operated sporadically in 2023, and so this transformation also aims to fix many of the ride’s longstanding issues. Wether this is tied to the recent survey that hinted at more Paramount Pictures IPs being introduced to the park is yet unknown.

Similarly, Bobbejaanland’s The Forbidden Caves will also remain closed for the time being, but what’ll happen to it is uncertain. A park spokesperson said the ride’s complex mechanics has caused many issues over the years, and since the pandemic it has only managed to operate sporadically. Another attraction, the Mack Rides SeaStorm Koggemulen, is retiring from the park lineup permanently due to a lack of spare parts.

The park instead hopes the €1 million renovation of their one-of-a-kind Vekoma Illusion Revolution will keep the crowds coming. The latest video update revealed the ride’s new entrance, logo, and theming elements.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
The backwards facing seats on Tonnere 2 Zeus have been removed. The backwards facing final row has been replaced with 2 forward facing rows, increasing capacity from 26 to 28 passengers per train. Apparently this has always been the plan, a project manager said in 2022 the backwards experience would be removed in a few years. Shame really, would've loved to try this out

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
So they’re doing a lot more than just fireproofing the building? Interesting.
The issue is the building structure was wooden; so everything needed ripped out and they might as well make it a better new experience while at it instead of putting back in the previous embarrassing tacky nonsense.

davidm

Strata Poster
Could have gone in a variety of threads (or the games subforum but I don't go in there...)

But RCT is 25 today.

Article with JBurton et al waxing lyrical about it all;