What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
@JoshC. - to me, "The grand prix will not operate this year" heavily implies that there are plans to reopen it eventually. Maybe construction for the new ride just requires GP to be closed, perhaps the new ride fits very tightly around it. We will see!
Didn't you listen to Amanda? Stop guessing.... Or you'll be hunted down and shot.

At least that's what I think she said.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
@JoshC. - to me, "The grand prix will not operate this year" heavily implies that there are plans to reopen it eventually. Maybe construction for the new ride just requires GP to be closed, perhaps the new ride fits very tightly around it. We will see!
She's still got to make the decision tbf...perhaps Grand Prix is where they'll hold planning meetings and make such decisions.

Graeme

Roller Poster
I must admit, I had thought they would replace Grand Prix and Avalanche at the same time, but perhaps not. I'd love to see a Wallace & Gromit motorbike & sidecar coaster on that site, to complement the dark ride. It could blast through the museum from The Wrong Trousers and the dog food factory from A Close Shave, as well as the Top Bun bakery and Tottington Hall.

Will

Strata Poster
God, that woman actually gets more odious with each passing year. Her father must be turning in his grave :(

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
A police officer shot a 15-year-old while returning gunfire outside Six Flags Over Georgia last night. Police officers responded to assist Six Flags security around 6:15pm as a crowd of 500-600 were "running through the park and fighting." Police and park security followed the crowd out of the park ensuring they left the property, when an unknown number of suspects fired at officers. The injured suspect was provided medical aid on scene and transported to hospital. Six Flags said in a statement that the gunfire did not happen on park property or in its parking lot. Source (with videos)
What a way to wrap up the park's opening day of the 2024 season. :rolleyes:

bratcurry

Mega Poster
A police officer shot a 15-year-old while returning gunfire outside Six Flags Over Georgia last night. Police officers responded to assist Six Flags security around 6:15pm as a crowd of 500-600 were "running through the park and fighting." Police and park security followed the crowd out of the park ensuring they left the property, when an unknown number of suspects fired at officers. The injured suspect was provided medical aid on scene and transported to hospital. Six Flags said in a statement that the gunfire did not happen on park property or in its parking lot. Source (with videos)
What a way to wrap up the park's opening day of the 2024 season. :rolleyes:
How did one miniscule part of the population become so 🤬🤬🤬 to host their gang fights in a frickin' Six Flags of all places?

How did one miniscule part of the population become so 🤬🤬🤬 to host their gang fights in a frickin' Six Flags of all places?
Damn, Magic Mountain's looking pretty chill right now ain't it. I figured out why...we don't have an opening day, so the gangs cant corridinate a fight due to scheduling issues. Also, this is the second year in a row a fight has broken out at SFOG on opening day. I hate to sound so stereotypical, but Atlanta is not a great area, and as issues with gang violence anyways. People see it as free babysitting, drop a bunch of rotten hooligans off at Six Flags so they can "go ride THE Goliath" They start fighting to either prove points or look good on social media, or to just be giant dickenzians. Only certain parts of that last word actually apply to this situation. As a 15 year old, I can safely say that this is somewhat common at parks, and I genuinely hate teenagers. We are evil, obnoxious, and general losers. Note, there are many very nice teenagers at parks that are actually responsible, and just want a nice time at a place they love. I have met plenty of teenage thossies, and we are (mostly) not like the others. There are also a decent amount on this site, so don't stereotype all teenagers. That being said, please stereotype the people related to this situation as that is unacceptable and genuinely concerning for America as a whole....Im stuck living with these morons in the future! :(

cookie

Giga Poster
Following Universal’s footsteps in removing 3D features from some of their rides (most notably Skull Island: Reign of Kong at Islands of Aventure), Disney appears to be doing a trial run of a 3D-less Ratatouille at Walt Disney Studios Paris, lasting until the middle of March.

Might have jumped the gun a bit on this one for it may just be a case of the 3D projectors going down for refurbishment.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Alton Towers' Divisional Director has stated that the Sky Ride will not open this year, as the park need to spend more time and money to reopen the attraction and extend its lifespan:

In the same update, Bianca said that the Towers Dungeon will close in the summer to prep for a Halloween attraction. Not totally clear if the Dungeons are gone for good after this though.

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
Do Alton offer any other free way to get around the park? I imagine for people with mobility issues the Skyride being closed could present a fair bit of an issue travelling around the park.

From what I can see they offer paid buggies (£10a day) or paid mobility scooters (£25 a day) but I wonder if there's an alternative that's free. Not a good look for a leading UK theme park tbh!

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Do Alton offer any other free way to get around the park? I imagine for people with mobility issues the Skyride being closed could present a fair bit of an issue travelling around the park.

From what I can see they offer paid buggies (£10a day) or paid mobility scooters (£25 a day) but I wonder if there's an alternative that's free. Not a good look for a leading UK theme park tbh!
Nope just have to walk

Niles

Giga Poster
Taunus Wunderland in Germany are currently having a large expansion, work seems to have started back in 2020 and the park have been adding rides since then however their biggest is yet to come. Its a Mack powered coaster that seems to have been relocated, it was known as Galaxie Express and operated for just a year closing in 2004, it will now be named Moon Catapult and honestly it looks like the park are putting a lot of effort into the coaster and area as a whole.

If you want to see all the progress please see it here on Coasterfriends

Here are some new images from the park.
1.jpg
2.jpg3.jpg
4.jpg5.jpg
Source