What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Looks like we missed a bit of news about Vipère, the Intamin ZacSpin relocated from SFMM to La Ronde. It was originally due to open last year, but then ... 2020 happened. The opening date was moved to 2021.

And then 2020 happened some more, and the opening date was moved again, to "a later date".

This news was actually announced in September last year, so I'm very late on the ball here. The Vipère thread in the construction forum has been stickied without activity since September 2019, approaching some sort of record, so I didn't want to bump it just for the sake of some already-old news that basically only says "expect no more news for a while". I hope this post satisfies your thirst for Vipère news for the time being, and we can bump the thread when more concrete news are announced. It shouldn't be long before the 2022 announcements now, so probably something will happen then.
The park has zero money right now, they can’t afford to construct it. Footers are fine but as far as I’m concerned it’s not happening until it actually goes vertical.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
This has appeared on coaster-count this week.

This must be the ultimate in spite - seems you have to hire the venue for a wedding or similar if you want the kiddy cred!! :D

That vintage fair looks so cute, a nice range of rides too!

Pear

Strata Poster
The models were viewable on their website for a little bit

d1405779a0fe0d767169db774db21245.png

71606445c876d9e7d07792ffa7c02a55.png

bmac

Giga Poster
I think the Ultra Splash was unveiled a little while back. I’ll be interested to see if a park goes for Intamin’s Ultra Splash over a Mack PowerSplash!

I posted the incorrect link, there's one that's going to essentially be an Ultra Splash with the Surfrider train.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Chill out guys, they're gonna be talking about the NY one since it's just been bought by Gene Staples, so obviously, they're gonna be after new rides. Also have you guys ever been to Fantasy Island in the UK? If you have then you'd know they literally have no space to install a permanent screamin' swing unless they ripped out a ton of rides.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
As in fantasy island skegness ?
No, Fantasy Island Grand Island, a la Gene Staples, home park of mine located 3-4 hours or so to the East.

I don't know the likelihood that the world's largest S&S Screaming Swing would get relocated to a park like Fantasy Island, although Gene has made it clear that they're actively searching for rides right now, many from the used rides market and ride brokers, and aren't interested in carnival attractions. Now, I spoke to an employee at [Cedar Point] who has a pretty good idea of what goes on there, and the current talk is that planning is eyeballing the whole Skyhawk/Snake River Falls/Antique Cars area for change. No timeline is known, but Town Hall - of all amenities - has already bit the bullet. I think that this is solid enough to consider a legitimate rumor, but only time will tell. Keep your eyes peeled.

Last edited:

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Very much a rumor at this point.

There are murmurings on reddit and YouTube that the Skyrush lift cable snapped yesterday. As far as I know this has not been confirmed by any reliable sources, but according to queue-times.com Skyrush has been closed since about 12pm yesterday. The spotty sources I've seen say a train was evacuated on the lift yesterday, and the catch car was not visible in front of said train as one would ordinarily expect. Does anybody know anything about this?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Very much a rumor at this point.

There are murmurings on reddit and YouTube that the Skyrush lift cable snapped yesterday. As far as I know this has not been confirmed by any reliable sources, but according to queue-times.com Skyrush has been closed since about 12pm yesterday. The spotty sources I've seen say a train was evacuated on the lift yesterday, and the catch car was not visible in front of said train as one would ordinarily expect. Does anybody know anything about this?
1625344048530.png

Pear

Strata Poster
Minor update - spotted Gatekeeper's train on the MCBR. Must have done a pull through to at least get it off the lift hill.

View attachment 12385
The train was pushed off the lift on June 17th