What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Eek. Hope this doesn't greatly affect future plans for the chain:-

The thing with these big lawsuit type things is that they don't usually just spring up out of nowhere (and they definitely didn't considering how old Blackfish is now). SeaWorld will have known this was coming, and likely the approximate magnitude of the settlement, for a while now. They'll have already portioned off that money, and have continued on with their investments, so my feeling is they won't buckle too much. Hopefully.

Plus, these things usually get paid over instalment plans anyway, so it's not like they have to find $65m by the end of the week.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The thing with these big lawsuit type things is that they don't usually just spring up out of nowhere (and they definitely didn't considering how old Blackfish is now). SeaWorld will have known this was coming, and likely the approximate magnitude of the settlement, for a while now. They'll have already portioned off that money, and have continued on with their investments, so my feeling is they won't buckle too much. Hopefully.

Plus, these things usually get paid over instalment plans anyway, so it's not like they have to find $65m by the end of the week.
Most of it is paid by their insurance company. ($45.5M to be precise)

Peet

Giga Poster
I know that this isn't Drayton Manor's fault, but all this just sounds like the beginning of the end for the park. I know that it is just half term period but still...