What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

I went to Drayton yesterday and have some great news regarding The Wave, spoke to a staff member and they were saying that ART had been back out recently and altered some things with the ride.
The antiroll backs now don't deafen the locals, it was nice & quiet however the most important change is the lapbars, they now only need checking once and apparently its gone from 5 minute dispatches to 90 second dispatches: a vast improvement I'm sure you'll agree
Great to see ART & Drayton improving this
I really like The Wave, massive improvement on Shockwave

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned or if people already know this, but the old Atlantis Submarine Voyage attraction at Legoland Windsor (recently known as Deep Sea Adventure), will return in 2025 as Lego City Deep Sea Adventure.

Most likely gonna be the same ride experience from start to finish, but maybe a hint towards Lego City as a whole somewhere as well.

Not sure when that was taken but I was there 6th September and it was awful for several hours midday for this. Thousands of them everywhere. They kept landing on you. It was sooooo nasty.
It was taken on the date posted on the video, which was 10. September.

Momentum Leisure, the company that currently operates three parks in Poland (Majaland Kownaty, Majaland Warsaw and Majaland Gdansk) has joined forces with the Leisure Expert Group, which has worked for Efteling, Walibi Holland, Slagharen and Movie Park Germany. Europa-Park, Djurs Sommerland and Paultons Park are also among their clientele. The next major Momentum project will be a fourth park in southern Paole Gliwice for which the Leisure Expert Group will be the main designer. There are plans to expand further in Poland and Romania in the coming years. Source

Oaks Amusement Park has filed a lawsuit against Zamperla over the AtmosFEAR incident on 14. June. Over two dozen riders were stranded upside down for about half an hour after a malfunction caused the Discovery Revolution to get stuck at the top. A parent of one of a 14-year-old stranded rider sued the park four days later, accusing the park of negligence because it reportedly failed to keep the ride in a safe condition. Oaks Parks responded by calling Zamperla negligent and responsible for the ride’s failure that day and that the ride maker is liable to the park for any financial losses associated with the teen’s lawsuit. Source

Dreamworld announced at IAAPA that the Claw has reached end of life after 20 years and will be replaced by the larger Intamin model (Tigeren, Swingi etc)

Media (1).jpg
Media.jpg

Alton Towers evacuated the area around Wicker Man on Saturday after its fire alarm went off. The ride was reopened shortly thereafter but was once again evacuated when the fire alarm sounded a second time. The park has shut down the ride until further notice to conduct maintenance work. The incidents occurred about 90 minutes after the park opened. Source
It happened again. This time a smoke detector in a retail shop next to the ride sounded and everyone within the vicinity, including those queuing for the ride, were told to evacuate the area. Source