What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Saw this on Twitter, not seen much commentary anywhere (not that I have really looked). Anyone know what's up?
Grizzly closed early for the season so that the park could undertake some offseason retracking. Work got a little more extensive when they removed it's tunnel the other week, and then pictures began coming out this weekend of the lift like this. Current word is that this was intentional, although I've seen a suggestion that they had begun deconstructing the lift top only for what was left of Hurricane Ian to take out a bit more.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
The world's largest cruise ship, Global Dream II, is being scrapped without ever having set sail. It's sister ship, Global Dream I, is also on the market; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...p-costing-1-2BILLION-sold-scrap-set-sail.html

Now what I want to know is whether this was the one with the Space Cruiser spike coaster, not sure whether it's supposed to be on Global Dream I or II.
Update: Global Dream I might be joining Disney Cruise Line!

VonRolland

Hyper Poster

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Oh ffs, please be Alpina Bahn <3
That would be something. Although there are a few exceptions, like Dusseldorf's Rhein Kirmes every now and then, Alpina Bahn and Olympia Looping really only appear together at the Oktoberfest. Alpina Bahn also has a much larger footprint than Höllenblitz, so would Winter Wonderland have the additional space required?

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
That would be something. Although there are a few exceptions, like Dusseldorf's Rhein Kirmes every now and then, Alpina Bahn and Olympia Looping really only appear together at the Oktoberfest. Alpina Bahn also has a much larger footprint than Höllenblitz, so would Winter Wonderland have the additional space required?
If worst comes to worst and Alpina Bahn doesn't fit... we have one more solution...

1665525207779.png

Bring. It. On.

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
Höllenblitz's appearance at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2022 has been officially cancelled shortly after the ride was removed from the fair's website.

The replacement, if any, is currently unknown.

Höllenblitz is an in-house spinning coaster that primarily takes place indoors.

really bummed about this, it was the ride I was looking forward the most to

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Joyland auction has just been cancelled.
Not only has the auction been cancelled, an offer was received and accepted. Details of the offer are currently not known as the press release stated: “Other opportunities have presented themselves with further details to follow.”
https://www.lubbockonline.com/story...ement-park-cancelled-with-offers/69553569007/

Skyye

Mega Poster
If anyone is in the STL area, there's a new alpine coaster credit you can grab: https://www.ksdk.com/article/entert...inois/63-001d8124-4033-4d59-9205-24fa4261017e

In case you can't access the article: "GRAFTON, Ill — Aerie's Resort, a winery and lodge offering entertainment attractions on a bluff overlooking Grafton, has added Illinois' first alpine coaster.

Aerie's worked with Wiegand Sports USA during the winter to build the coaster, which opened to riders Sept. 30 and will have its grand opening Tuesday at 600 Timber Ridge Road in Grafton. Wiegand has more than 270 installations worldwide.

The gravity-fed, two-person coaster sled takes riders down Aerie's limestone bluff on more than 3,000 feet of a stainless-steel rail system. The ride runs past seasonal foliage, twisting around limestone outcroppings along the natural river bluff landscape at speeds of up to 28 miles per hour, officials said. The ride includes seven hairpin turns and eight waves, according to a press release.

At the end of the run, a cable system pulls the sled and rider up 875 feet to return to the coaster's starting point.

Aerie's Alpine Coaster will be open year round. Tickets costs $18 per person or three rides for $36. Subject to height restrictions, children can ride the coaster with an adult for an additional $10 per ticket."

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Full context as found in Amusement Today's May 2022 issue;
View attachment 17520
View attachment 17521
"Three of the rides are in place — the observations wheel, the Aerobar and one of the roller coasters," according to Paradise Pier Fun Park/Margaritaville Resort Biloxi spokeswoman Tessy Lambert.
"The other 12 rides are on the way from where they were manufactured in Europe," she said, "and Paradise Pier Fun Park will open once all are in place. The rides are being delivered by boat and we’re at the mercy of the shippers.”
Don't get too excited about her saying "one of the roller coasters", since the other is actually a Disk'O ride.

ParadisePierFunPark.jpg

https://www.sunherald.com/entertainment/article267276582.html