What's new

Six Flags St. Louis to close Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters 9/14

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Six Flags St. Louis to close Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters 9/

I think it'll have a DC retheme. It's in DC plaza, so I'd assume a retheme.

Lucky I got to ride it before it closed. :)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Maybe they take the story that the Australian park got, or tie it into the sure to be great Superman v Batman?

#speculation

Aw no, I hope it gets rethemed! That has always been one of my favourite shooters.

therick311

Mega Poster

Actually, it wasn't a shooter until they turned it into Scooby Doo. That ride is older than dirt and has been re-themed countless times.

therick311

Mega Poster

So today was the official announcement for Justice League: Battle for Metropolis.

https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/attractions/battle-for-metropolis/overview

JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS will feature:
An interactive queue line and loading area where guests will receive instructions, 3D glasses and a stun gun to stop the bad guys.
A storyline that unfolds with Lex Luthor and The Joker hacking into BATMAN’s computer system and uncovering vital information that exposes vulnerability in the JUSTICE LEAGUE’s defenses. Riders will fight alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN to save the world from being infected with The Joker’s special laughing gas.
A nexus of new technologies to put guests right in the center of this interactive battle.
Lifelike animatronic super heroes designed by Sally Manufacturing, the industry leader in dark rides.
3D graphics and film produced by Pure Imagination, the gurus of Computer Generated Imagery.
Robust gaming elements by Alterface, renowned for their work in site-based interactive game play.
First-of-its-kind, fully programmable, multi-DOF (degree-of-freedom) vehicles that will transport guests through all the exciting twists and turns designed by Oceaneering.

It sounds like more than just a re-theme. Based on the description of the ride vehicles, it could be something like Universal's Spider-Man/Transformers ride vehicles. I know, I know...this is Six Flags and I shouldn't get my hopes up too high, but if they can pull of something half as good as Spider-Man/Transformers, I'll be happy.

Edward M

Strata Poster

therick311 said:
I know, I know...this is Six Flags and I shouldn't get my hopes up too high, but if they can pull of something half as good as Spider-Man/Transformers, I'll be happy.

We'd be lucky to get 1/10 of MIB. I have a feeling that we will get something more like Pinocchio's Daring Journey than Spider-Man. Unless, of course, there's a cheaper option.