What's new

Six Flags St. Louis opening day trip report April 2, 2022

Skyye

Mega Poster
Welcome! Today my dad and I went to visit SFSTL after having a college visit yesterday. We arrived around 11am local time, and it was surprisingly not very busy.

Batman ride 1 (Row 4 outside seat)

We started our day with Batman, waiting somewhere between 5-10 minutes. It was intense as batman's usually are, but it hadn't warmed up much, so it wasn't as intense as I was expecting. (Also row 4 on an invert isn't the best anyway)

Ninja (row 2)

All I have to say is ow. Being about 6ft 2in, the restraints were pushing onto my shoulders a bit on the valleys, which hurt, however it was only a little janky. If it got new restraints, it wouldn't be so bad.

American Thunder ride 1 (row 3)

This ride I had on American Thunder seemed a little slow. I still got floater airtime, however it wasn't very strong.

Screaming Eagle (row 5)

The fact that this is smoother than Boss (which was closed the whole time we were there btw) is kinda sad not gonna lie. It still gives some floater on some hills, and the lats are good too.

Boomerang (row 7?? 9?? I already forgot)

It's a boomerang. What do you expect lol.

Honestly, boomerangs are still plenty of fun, I don't understand why people complain that they're boring. Guess I just need to ride more to understand.

Batman ride 2 (row 2, outside seat)

This ride seemed a lot more intense on the zero g roll and corkscrews. Maybe it had started to run faster. It also had only a station wait, which was odd for a batman clone on opening day (although, still had to wait for a couple minutes since they were taking a while to load the train before me). I preferred this ride over the first one if it wasn't obvious lol.

American Thunder ride 2 (row 11)

This ride was... Interesting, to say the least. I was going to ride in the back row, however flash pass people beat me to it. A lady let me sit next to her since I was a single rider, but one of the restraints in front of me wouldn't come down. This was on the blue train, which they just put on after taking it off. However, the people in that row were able to find empty seats elsewhere on the train, and we were sent on our way. The ride was basically the same as the first, just with a longer wait and somewhat stronger airtime.

Closed rides: Mr Freeze [] and boss, thankfully.

In my opinion, there are many ways this park can be improved. Firstly, maybe new restraints/trains for ninja and boomerang. Secondly, a good unique coaster. This park doesn't have much airtime, so an rmc, new gen vekoma, or small b&m hyper would work wonders here. Third, maybe some better food options. First place we stopped at only took mobile orders, chop six was closed, and Johnny rockets was only okay.