What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

That steep drop off the cliff top is going to be something special.

Does it crest the 600ft hill using only gravity? Or does it hit some LSMs to launch it along the way?
It has an LSM boost on the way down the cliff. If I recall correctly there were also mounting points spotted on the camelback, these could be for either more LSMs or trimbrakes (or nothing at all, they might also just be there as a precaution)

It has an LSM boost on the way down the cliff. If I recall correctly there were also mounting points spotted on the camelback, these could be for either more LSMs or trimbrakes (or nothing at all, they might also just be there as a precaution)
Correcto - My honest fascination would be, should there ever be a valley or stall of the train at that top element... how LONG would response time to be get maintenance on-site? 😅

Correcto - My honest fascination would be, should there ever be a valley or stall of the train at that top element... how LONG would response time to be get maintenance on-site? 😅

The reason there isn't a block brake at the top of the cliff is completely due to response time. It would take about 20 minutes to get up there as they're have to go out to a main road, up the highway, and back to get to this point.

There will not be trims on the big hill. In the event of a valley before the big hill, there's a reverse launch up the cliff to get enough speed to clear the airtime hill. Definitely hoping for one of those when I ride!!

There will not be trims on the big hill.
Not trying to really argue, but there is definitely something on the ascent side of the Arch:
1729194426487.png

Could be just a "we'll deliver it with them installed, just in case" scenario. We'll see. Genuinely insane that this thing is just a few track sections away from being complete.

And a brand new pic from ThemeparX:

The reason there isn't a block brake at the top of the cliff is completely due to response time. It would take about 20 minutes to get up there as they're have to go out to a main road, up the highway, and back to get to this point.

There will not be trims on the big hill. In the event of a valley before the big hill, there's a reverse launch up the cliff to get enough speed to clear the airtime hill. Definitely hoping for one of those when I ride!!
If it’s going 155mph before the big hill, then (not accounting for friction or air resistance) it would still be going at about 90mph at the top of the hill, which seems way too fast. I would therefore imagine there will be some trims.