What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

Does beg the question why even use the Six Flags brand name if it’s nothing to do with Six Flags?

Doubt anyone in Saudi will have even heard of Six Flags?

Or is it just an attempt to get Westerners to visit with a big USA park name in Saudi.

Does beg the question why even use the Six Flags brand name if it’s nothing to do with Six Flags?

Doubt anyone in Saudi will have even heard of Six Flags?

Or is it just an attempt to get Westerners to visit with a big USA park name in Saudi.

I think I'm right in saying that Merlin/Legoland is similar, in that whilst it has the Legoland name and Merlin input, there are some Legolands (the Asian ones I believe?) that aren't directly operated by Merlin

I feel like the likes of @TPoseOnTantrum or @roomraider could confirm that.

So SFQ could be similar in that it has the name, branding, and some level of input, but not direct operational control

I think I'm right in saying that Merlin/Legoland is similar, in that whilst it has the Legoland name and Merlin input, there are some Legolands (the Asian ones I believe?) that aren't directly operated by Merlin

I feel like the likes of @TPoseOnTantrum or @roomraider could confirm that.

So SFQ could be similar in that it has the name, branding, and some level of input, but not direct operational control
Yea that's basically it.

They've borrowed some B Roll from Six Flags early on and a fair degree of creative influence to represent those parks' core ideas (these were passionate theme park nerds drafting together the park, not government committee), but nothing operationally, no.

Not sure how the merger and new Six Flags leadership is going to affect things. Someone at Qiddiya PR told a friend of mine that they hadn't made a decision on adding it to the Six Flags membership in any way, shape, or form. Gut says nothing changes but who knows.

A foreign name is known. Maybe not to locals, but to international investors. I'm sure that was part of the premise of signing on with a known company. And you already get what effectively free assets. So it's a win for them and even if nobody knows what SF is out here, they know the name Qiddiya, so that will do the legwork locally.

About to head out to the site today-- excited to see it!

A foreign name is known. Maybe not to locals, but to international investors. I'm sure that was part of the premise of signing on with a known company. And you already get what effectively free assets. So it's a win for them and even if nobody knows what SF is out here, they know the name Qiddiya, so that will do the legwork locally.

About to head out to the site today-- excited to see it!
is it ok to take pictures of the site and share some new information if you had some

is it ok to take pictures of the site and share some new information if you had some

Unfortunately I'm not able to share any pictures as part of the NDA.

As a quick summary: WOW!

It was pretty incredible to see the site in person. Pictures do not do justice to the scale of Falcon's Flight. The ride is enormous. Spitfire feels so small even standing right underneath the inverted tophat. It's so funny that a ride which would be an absolutely headliner at most any park is probably the 3rd or 4th best looking coaster here! Site progress seems to be progressing well. Just Falcon's and the Mack water coaster to finish now. The Mack's lift is up, but it's progressing well. The rest of the attractions are progressing well also but have quite a ways to go, especially with building fit-out and theming and stuff.

I have no idea regarding any official opening date, but I'd guess Q3 next year could be a potential soft opening. Looking forward to future visits to see the continued progress.

Appreciate your confirming the "ZOMG IT'S HUGE" @CedarPoint6; has felt for a while photos will always, only do so much justice to this scale. 🤯

Its kinda disheartening to see them making so much progress on this park and then turn around and realize both Flash and Georgia Surfer are still under construction despite summer basically being over.

I'm really hoping they put more effort into their US parks in the future.

I mean actual Six Flags has nothing to do with this outside of the name licensing?

And not to get political but I don't think Saudi Arabia has the best track record when it comes to ethical building practices and who's actually the one doing it and what their pay rate is. ( I think the whole Middle East is pretty much guilty of this. Especially when it comes to cheap basically slave labor coming from India)