What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

M91

Roller Poster
Steam-Town-9c7b99c660.jpg

GM5O0P2XQAATn6m

Six Flags Qiddiya City will feature five world record-breaking coasters spread across six uniquely themed lands: Sirocco Tower, the world’s tallest free standing shot tower ride; Gyropsin, the world’s tallest pendulum ride; Spitfire, the world’s tallest inverted top hat coaster; Iron Rattler, the world’s tallest tilt coaster; and the Falcons Flight, the world's tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster which will run parallel to the F1 track.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
They have quite a lot to go to make Q4 soft opening this year. I would expect mid 2025 is a more likely expectation. That said, it does seem to have ramped up construction.

We should be seeing a number of updates this week on this and other Saudi projects. The Saudi Entertainment Association Expo (think like mini IAAPA) opens today. I've just arrived in the country for it, and I'll be interested to report back anything I can find.

I am hoping to tour the construction site for SFQ, but that won't be until I move here fulltime, so probably a June or July thing.

dixhuit

Roller Poster
They have quite a lot to go to make Q4 soft opening this year. I would expect mid 2025 is a more likely expectation. That said, it does seem to have ramped up construction.

We should be seeing a number of updates this week on this and other Saudi projects. The Saudi Entertainment Association Expo (think like mini IAAPA) opens today. I've just arrived in the country for it, and I'll be interested to report back anything I can find.

I am hoping to tour the construction site for SFQ, but that won't be until I move here fulltime, so probably a June or July thing.
They do not slow down work construction in July ? Isn’t like the hottest month of the year for that country ?
Will the park being open in summer ?

Rzx

Roller Poster
They do not slow down work construction in July ? Isn’t like the hottest month of the year for that country ?
Will the park being open in summer ?
In this time of year it's illegal for construction workers to work between 12-4 pm in the sun but they would work at night instead

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

TilenB

Strata Poster
Oh you've been lucky.

It's one of these - they are, by most accounts, not very good.
I think they're fairly inoffensive, at least the one in Skyline Park was more fun than any of their remaining coasters are. But both their capacity and their reliability are absolutely horrible, so I have no idea why any somewhat major park would want to build one and why Maurer are seemingly putting that much faith in this flawed design.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think they're fairly inoffensive, at least the one in Skyline Park was more fun than any of their remaining coasters are. But both their capacity and their reliability are absolutely horrible, so I have no idea why any somewhat major park would want to build one and why Maurer are seemingly putting that much faith in this flawed design.
It was the bit in bold I was referring to. Abysmal, really. Second only, in my mind at the moment, to SFX's performance.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
View attachment 31283Source: Themeparx
The 525 feet tall air time hill is completed
Definitely looks 95% complete.

Also, love the lowkey cityscape as background to SFQ in those renderings. 😅

I for one am interested on Spitfire and seeing more detail there. Definitely cool they opted for the inside top hat.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Happy I don't count powered coasters, so I don't have to worry about this Spike thing. I'll still ride it, but it's not at all a priority. I'll ride the real coasters first!