What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Maybe it’s been mentioned but… there’s an F1 track next to it? That’ll certainly bring in the international crowds if the park has F1 publicity.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Maybe it’s been mentioned but… there’s an F1 track next to it? That’ll certainly bring in the international crowds if the park has F1 publicity.
The plan is to build one after the park/resort has opened I think, currently not in the works. The Saudi Arabian GP in Jeddah will be moved here once the track is built, the aim seems to be 2028 for the first race in Qiddiya.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Idk if I'm being petty but god I hope this fails at it's aims. I'm as impressed as anyone with Intamin for the engineering feat and I'm anxious to see what kind of systems they have to keep the wheel temps in check etc. what have you to keep this thing running semi reliably.

I know some rich thoosies are gonna go ride this and I don't fault them for wanting to. I just really don't want any hypocrites who pretend to be politically active going to participate in Mohammed Bonesaw's touristwashing/sportswashing project and I don't want these wasteful vanity megaprojects to ever succeed, we don't need more dubais.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
I want to be interested in this project. But somehow I feel this project is only there to break records. And it's build by people that have too much money, they don't know what to do with it, so they decide to start a record breaking project in a desolated desert that probably is only going to be visited by locals and a few enthousiasts.
Yes I know, probably I am the one acting a little whiny here. But it's just a feeling I have with all this.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Alright, I have a clerical question on Falcon's Flight: they say there are three LSM launches - there are the two lift launches, but is the third a straight launch elsewhere in the layout or at the bottom of the drop headed into the arch?

Which, to also be sure folks register - Falcon's Flight arch is larger than the St. Louis Arch. 😅

IGwaziSolos

Roller Poster
Alright, I have a clerical question on Falcon's Flight: they say there are three LSM launches - there are the two lift launches, but is the third a straight launch elsewhere in the layout or at the bottom of the drop headed into the arch?

Which, to also be sure folks register - Falcon's Flight arch is larger than the St. Louis Arch. 😅
It's between the hill drop and the arch. The drop got "nerfed" to be way less steep after about halfway and it is then that it is boosted by LSMs to get over that massive arch.

Projektion

Mega Poster
At the bottom of the main drop to give the train a boost to make sure it clears the arch. Also potentially to swing launch a train over the arch if one rolls back at some point rather than have to take the train off the tracks.

Thinking about the 3 LSM launch statement, does this mean TT2 is no longer the tallest/fastest triple launch anymore?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It's between the hill drop and the arch. The drop got "nerfed" to be way less steep after about halfway and it is then that it is boosted by LSMs to get over that massive arch.
Ahh, that makes sense. Will be an interesting sensation having the booster at the end of such a massive drop, in an S&S Shot Tower kind of sensation.

As the stats have changed (we're now at a reported 607 ft. height, down from 639 ft.), trying to keep up with other design tweaks.

Thinking about the 3 LSM launch statement, does this mean TT2 is no longer the tallest/fastest triple launch anymore?
giphy.gif

Trax

Hyper Poster
According to Themepark Worldwide, the wheels have a diameter of 16" (40.6cm), and the second "launch" (the straight to get up the quarry wall) has a speed of ~100mph (160 km/h). I found no source to confirm this, though, so please take this with a grain of salt. Allthough I don't feel like Shawn would invent some details just to increase coverage.
But thinking of it - 100mph is already insanely fast, but going that fast uphill... that sounds absolutely crazy.