What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's so difficult to get a scale and perspective of this.

Like am I right in thinking that (launched?) lift hill is approx 200ft tall? Yet it looks so small due to the cliffs in the background. Yet the whole ride looks huge because, well, it is, and it dominates over everything else.

It's just so weird at the moment.

Rzx

Roller Poster
It's so difficult to get a scale and perspective of this.

Like am I right in thinking that (launched?) lift hill is approx 200ft tall? Yet it looks so small due to the cliffs in the background. Yet the whole ride looks huge because, well, it is, and it dominates over everything else.

It's just so weird at the moment.
I think the first hill will be between 170-200 feet, there's no way it's taller then 200 feet

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
When you have to be really far away from the structure to take a picture that gets most of it in there: yes, it's really big.

Can equally confirm this sensation when I set my eyes on Formula Rossa for the first time - the scale of these larger footprint coasters, especially when the scale is horizontal, can be quite hard to capture.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Should we know who Scruffy Dog Creative are?

They've been around for quite a while now.

They started quite small. When they started working with theme parks, they were involved with a couple of Fright Nights attractions in their early days. They worked on Wicker Man, lots of Merlin attractions, as well as being involved with several large companies these days.

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
Some more pictures (and a video) have been shared on the ThemparkX website this morning.
With a better view of that huge turn as well as some supports.

Seems like they're starting to build on top of top of those hills.
Could those supports be the beginning of that enourmous airtime hill? (after the drop from the hill)

Insane.

View attachment 26076View attachment 26077View attachment 26078
I must say that even without a love at all (To put it kindly) of Saudi Arabia, this looks like such a good ride that it's tempting to not go. I mean, Riyadh's not so far from Abu Dhabi...

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair, I think if you're based in the UK and are an enthusiast of theme parks... you should really know who Scruffy Dog are. They've been going for YEARS and are probably the biggest independent agency of themed attraction work in the UK. They're the UK equivalent of Jora Vision, in essence - in terms of scale, not quality.

M91

Roller Poster
I must say that even without a love at all (To put it kindly) of Saudi Arabia, this looks like such a good ride that it's tempting to not go. I mean, Riyadh's not so far from Abu Dhabi...
I'm already sold on this coaster. If it opens, I'll know where my next vacation will be..

We might never see a project/coaster of this scale ever again, or at least not in the next decade.

With all the worries and doubt around this park being built, it's not impossible that it will open for a limited time and then close down forever as a commercial failure, or that this specific coaster has to close down or be downgraded for X or Y reason.
I don't want to miss my chance to ride this monster. And if it stays open, I want to ride the version that Intamin intended. (Note one with changed turns (like I305), or added trims, or less forceful launches, etc.. ).

I am ready to feel like a rollercoaster tycoon NPC.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Are they distant relatives of Crash Bandicoot?
Nope, that would be me.

I'm already sold on this coaster. If it opens, I'll know where my next vacation will be..

We might never see a project/coaster of this scale ever again, or at least not in the next decade.

With all the worries and doubt around this park being built, it's not impossible that it will open for a limited time and then close down forever as a commercial failure, or that this specific coaster has to close down or be downgraded for X or Y reason.
I don't want to miss my chance to ride this monster. And if it stays open, I want to ride the version that Intamin intended. (Note one with changed turns (like I305), or added trims, or less forceful launches, etc.. ).

I am ready to feel like a rollercoaster tycoon NPC.
Who is this guy impersonating me? /s

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The tilt coaster is vertical (constructively, not tiltedly):

Could this tilt coaster open before Energylandia's? What world are we living in?!

Lofty

CF Legend
Just putting it out there that this is absolutely horrific, yet I've never wanted something more.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Holy ****.

This coaster is actually being built?

I'd always ignored this topic because I thought it was firmly in the "never going to happen" category.