What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
*sigh* here we go again.

Six Flags Qiddaya and the entire entertainment district that's currently under construction is funded by the Saudi PEF - for all intents and purposes, the Royal Saudi bank account. While there have been plenty of scumbag contractors using new amusement park builds to launder money and such, something tells me that nobody's going to make off with the prince's money. And even if that were to happen, the intent of this entertainment district is to offer more domestic tourist attractions. There's plenty of reason right there for the government to continue backing and pushing this project forward.

Rzx

Roller Poster
Weird that they only constructing falcons fight and not the other rides , is there even any track other than falcons fight ?

Fooz

Roller Poster
Weird that they only constructing falcons fight and not the other rides , is there even any track other than falcons fight ?
I'm guessing that they want the maximum possible time to test it, and have all vertical ride construction focused on completing it. No other ride seems to be vertical or have any parts spotted but the footers for all the other rides seem complete or nearly complete.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Does anyone know how much FF has cost? The scale of it is just insane.
I have it on good word from someone connected to the project that the theme park’s construction budget is just over $400M USD, with Falcon’s Flight being a quarter of that. If true, definitely less than you would think for something like this. Granted that’s still excluding design, commissioning, consulting, possibly energy, and literally everything else that Qiddiya is doing, but it almost makes the project seem reasonable!

Last edited:

dcxs

Roller Poster
Reddit speculation is the hardware alone was about 250 million.
That seems quite excessive, if by hardware they mean just the track, launch elements etc. Fury 325 cost 30m dollars and that is in total, constrution is a large part of that 30m. But sure, FF could be north of 100m in total given how bespoke many elements seem to be.

Fooz

Roller Poster
I have it on good word from someone connected to the project that the theme park’s construction budget is just over $400M USD, with Falcon’s Flight being a quarter of that. If true, definitely less than you would think for something like this. Granted that’s still excluding design, commissioning, consulting, possibly energy, and literally everything else that Qiddiya is doing, but it almost makes the project seem reasonable!
The $300m figure for the park minus Falcon's Flight seems unbelievable, considering Lost Island was $250m with cheap used coasters, drastically fewer and cheaper rides, and dramatically less involved infrastructure. Outside of Falcon's Flight, there's still a 200' tilt coaster, full sized GCI, lsm accelerator, water coaster, family invert, longest spike coaster, worlds tallest drop tower, worlds largest frisbee, two dark rides, and more. Really hard to believe anyone could build SFQ for $400m.

Matt N

CF Legend
It could be feasible. I’m not sure on actual specifics, but I don’t think you can necessarily estimate budgets by comparing the parks on rides and theming alone. There could be other factors driving up the price in America vs Saudi Arabia; for instance, construction costs could be cheaper in Saudi Arabia. I don’t know that, of course, but it’s a possibility.

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster
Off topic, but I can’t wait to start to see signs of progress on the record breaking parts of FF like the cliff drop and camelback. Once I see that, I’ll be convinced this ride is for real.

TilenB

Strata Poster
The $300m figure for the park minus Falcon's Flight seems unbelievable, considering Lost Island was $250m with cheap used coasters, drastically fewer and cheaper rides, and dramatically less involved infrastructure. Outside of Falcon's Flight, there's still a 200' tilt coaster, full sized GCI, lsm accelerator, water coaster, family invert, longest spike coaster, worlds tallest drop tower, worlds largest frisbee, two dark rides, and more. Really hard to believe anyone could build SFQ for $400m.
A big difference might be that you can't (at least not as easily) use slave workers in Iowa compared to Saudi Arabia.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Saudi Arabian labor laws are more progressive than those in the United States. You know all these construction updates are from Saudi construction workers running personal youtubes and tiktoks, right? People are amazingly comfortable acting like they know what happens in a middle eastern country because they heard something that happened in a different middle eastern country.View attachment 25896
Saudi Arabia is 4th on the Global Slavery Index list compiled by the Walk Free foundation.

Give me some reputable source that shows migrant workers are treated any better in Saudi Arabia compared to the other ME countrues, because the fact that a few construction supervisors are posting tiktoks is completely irrelevant. Considering that you've only ever posted in this topic, you're likely either a propaganda account or someone that has been brainwashed into believing whatever you claim here is true.

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
A $400 million budget is what brings out the skepticism, because who knows how much over budget the government is willing to go, especially after they realize nobody is going to be willing to travel to the middle of the desert in Saudi Arabia just to ride rides