What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia 2021

xxx374xxx

Roller Poster
2020/2021 - New Coasters - Rumor - (11/8/18) While things are always subject to change, Screamscape did hear some interesting possible future plans may be in the works for future additions to Six Flags over Georgia. It was mentioned that the park responded well to the addition of Twisted Cyclone this summer, and we know people really enjoyed Justice League the year before so the long-term rumor is that SFOG may possibly be in line to add new coasters for both 2020 and 2021.
One is expected to be an off the shelf style model, likely another S&S Free Spin style coaster that could be added to the park’s Metropolis themed area near Superman and Justice League, while the other would bring a new launched coaster experience back to the park, with Six Flags eyeballing products from S&S (Maxx Force) and Premier Rides (Full Throttle) apparently

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
With Over Georgia being my closest Six Flags park, I'd love to see something like Maxx Force.

I'm surprised Six Flags is just now eyeing Over Georgia as one of their flagship parks. It sits in the same position as Dollywood and Carowinds, as it's in the middle of a population with large growth and virtually no competition.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Very interest stuff! I reckon something like Maxx Force could be brilliant for SFOG!
latest

sirloin

Roller Poster
I would hope that those rumors are wrong. In my opinion, if they were in fact planning on adding new coasters in 2021 AND 2021, the more intelligent thing to do would be to combine the budget for both and open one exceptional ride in 2021. I've never understood the obsession Six Flags has with quantity over quality.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I would hope that those rumors are wrong. In my opinion, if they were in fact planning on adding new coasters in 2021 AND 2021, the more intelligent thing to do would be to combine the budget for both and open one exceptional ride in 2021. I've never understood the obsession Six Flags has with quantity over quality.
Easy to market new attractions. No matter if it's a Larson loop, or a Giga, they don't give a flying ****.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'm surprised Six Flags is just now eyeing Over Georgia as one of their flagship parks. It sits in the same position as Dollywood and Carowinds, as it's in the middle of a population with large growth and virtually no competition.
Wouldn't the lack of competition mean they'd get a ton of visitors regardless of their investment level? No need to put extra effort into a secure market. If the closest alternative is several hours away, people will go to SFOG even if the park sees only nominal investment every year.

Kalistos

Mega Poster
Or they'll feel like they know it too well and won't go at all, and go somewhere else. I mean at a certain point amusements parks are not competing only between themselves ... (although it's Atlanta, not much to do there)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm just here to echo what everyone else said regarding draw within each park's own market with regard to proximity to other parks. Every single year, people complain that certain parks just don't get new attractions but won't look at the logic behind it at all. Six Flags St Louis hasn't had a major addition since Boomerang in 2011 - if you're a St Louis resident, are you going to go there, drive four hours to Holiday World, or drive four hours to Silver Dollar City, or drive four hours to Worlds of Fun? If you're a Minneapolis resident, are you going to go to Valleyfair or drive four hours to the Wisconsin Dells? It's the same story here - if you're somehow not satisfied with one of the best ride lineups in the Six Flags chain, are you willing to drive across Georgia to Wild Adventures, or four hours to Dollywood, or four hours to Carowinds? We are willing to do so because we're going to visit all the parks in the area anyway...but the average family visiting these parks just wants a day at the local park.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
If you're a St Louis resident, are you going to go there, drive four hours to Holiday World, or drive four hours to Silver Dollar City, or drive four hours to Worlds of Fun?
Clearly all the fine people of St Louis want to go to SDC, it is one of the worlds best theme parks after all. And SFStl is a dump.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
The only thing I’m saying is that Over Georgia could be an untapped market a la Dollywood and Carowinds. It’s a different case from a park like Worlds of Fun or Valleyfair, which have market sizes that are both half the size of SFOG’s and have direct competition, in addition to being low growth areas (Minneapolis being the faster growing of the two). Cedar Fair invests in Carowinds so much because with the market it sits in, it could be pushing 3 million+ guests with no direct competition. Six Flags Over Georgia is nearly in the same position as far as their market is concerned.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread, but Screamscape has again referenced this rumour in their latest news update, implying that an S&S Free Spin may be in the works for 2020:
Screamscape said:
2020/2021 - New Coasters - Rumor - (7/24/19) While I haven’t heard too much about the park’s 2020 plans, it does sound as if the park may be in the running to get an S&S Free Spin coaster. Plans should be pretty much locked in place by now, but Six Flags has been known to shift some projects around at the last second, so we’ll have to wait a little longer to find out.
As for location, earlier this year we had heard that Splash Water Falls looked like it may be removed, but most of the S&S Free Spin coasters have been getting DC Comics themes, so it may be more fitting if located near the Batman or Superman sides of the park.
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_over_georgia.htm

Tbh I saw an article about some rumoured ride types for Six Flags in 2021, via Screamscape (I'll link it below) and one is a turbo charged S&S Screamin Swing. I think Catch The Wave could be a play on words as you are being caught by the waves and thrown up and down at record heights.