What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain V.I.P Tour

sheepboy

Roller Poster
Has anyone been on the V.I.P tour at Six Flags Magic Mountain and is it worth the $299 per person price tag?

A friend and I are going on 24th June 2011 and will only have enough time for one day in the park. We would like to get all of the rides done so are considering Platinum Flash Pass’s or the V.I.P tour.

Will we even need any of these or will the queues during June be manageable?

The only problem with the V.I.P tour is that it requires a minimum of 4 people, and only two of us are going. I don’t suppose anyone else will be willing to pay $299 each so we have a minimum of a 4 person party?

Thanks

Lofty

CF Legend
I haven't been to the park, or do think I will be going any time soon. If I was you, I'd go with the Platinum Passes over the V.I.P Tour. If there's only two of you and it's cheaper, it's the more logical choice to go for?

Snoo

The Legend
If the new coasters are open and you can find enough people.. I'd say do it. Magic Mountain is a great park and with even more unique, long line inducing rides, it would definitely be worth it.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^Everything should be open by June, but with that said I can tell you that you'll be disappointed with spending $300 for a day at Magic Mountain. Yes it's a great park, and your day may be rushed, but that's a little extreme... and I doubt a park like SFMM puts on that good of a show for a VIP tour. If you're that concerned with time, get a flash pass. I can already ride every coaster in one day on a weekday with June, and with a flash pass you'll have a MUCH cheaper day full of many re-rides.

AndyWSM

Roller Poster
Hi all,

I am also going to Six Flags in June and was thinking about passes myself.

Can anyone explain how the pass system works there?

It's not the same as "Fast Pass" at Disney is it, where you go to a machine & get a ticket and return to the ride a couple of hours later?

Does the Six Flags system allow you to book more than one ride at a time, unlike Disney?

Thanks for any help :)

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
not worth it

JUST GET A PLATINUM FLASS PASS

With a plat, you skip the line once AND RIDE TWICE
COST: 100

With a VIP, you skip the line once AND RIDE ONCE
cost: 300

Two beats one, 100 is a lot less expensive than 300, and the rides that you can't flash pass only have like 5 min wait

not worth it

sheepboy

Roller Poster
By the sounds of it then it's going to be easier to get the Platinum Flash Passes.

Would you advise pre-ordering them or buying them on the day?

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
plat

It really doesn't matter..........buying them online offers extra comfort.

They are sold at the park and I have never seen them run out, but just in case it is a good idea to pre-order them online.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I have actually done the V.I.P. tour at SFMM and I say they're worth it if you have the money. I have also done the platinum pass, but not at SFMM and I think you would get by just fine with one of those as well. If you want the extra perks go V.I.P. tour otherwise Platinum Pass will suit you.

Jake

Strata Poster
Don't they do gold Q-bots anymore? Or is that what the Platinum pass is now?

We got gold Q-bots and could ride everything unlimited times without queueing...

I wouldn't pay $300 for the tour... that's a rip off!

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
flash passes

^ Jake:

There are three levels of flash passes: regular. gold, and platinum. Plat is the best, gold middle, and regular sucks and is a rip off. When choosing between plat and gold, I prefer plat for the reasons above.

Mike

Giga Poster
I don't understand why people on here seem to make out that the Gold Q-Bot isn't that great?

Sure, you won't be able to ride twice in a row (although, apart from X2, Tatsu and Goliath there isn't really anything that's worth riding twice in a row anyway), but the longest queue you'll get with a Gold is only going to be about 15 minutes, and that's only if the park is VERY busy, and that 15 minutes is going to be spent walking to and finding the ride anyway!

Unless the park is heaving (like, 2.5 hour+ queues for everything), a Gold Q-bot is much more worth it than a Platinum one in my opinion.

For $300 you could do a trip of about 5 parks with that sort of money!

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
dksfjd

^ Ben:

You can flash pass every coaster/flat/thrill ride in the park (basically every ride with a queue), X2 costs an additional fee (it is the only ride in the park to do so).

Mike said:
For $300 you could do a trip of about 5 parks with that sort of money!

Exactly, precisely why one should get a Flash Pass instead of a VIP Tour.

Ben

CF Legend
Well, yeah, I meant use it without having to PAY the spiteful TEN.

It was the same on Terminator when we were there, just wondered if it had changed...

sheepboy

Roller Poster
So how much is the additional fee to add X2 if you purchase the platinum flash pass?

Is that then chargeable per person, so if you have one devise with 2 people on it will you have to pay the additional fee twice as there is two of you or just the once as you only have one device?