What's new

Six Flags Great America | Goliath | RMC Woodie

That turnaround looks so bizarre to me, I'd love to see the completed POV's to see how it actually runs.

Agreed. However, I fully believe that RMC knows what they are doing here. I thought the same about some parts of Outlaw Run, but that turned out just fine.

therick311 said:
Agreed. However, I fully believe that RMC knows what they are doing here. I thought the same about some parts of Outlaw Run, but that turned out just fine.
It wasn't a pessimistic remark against RMC, I have faith in the revolutionary company... But, if you look, the banking isn't heartlined like most of their other elements, that's what's rather confusing about the profiling of it.

^ Though I would say it still bears a similarity to what was achieved on the over banks with Texas Giant.

628x471.jpg

I'm sure the turn around will work out. This is a company after all that has figured out how to do an airtime hill sideways.

Lofty said:
therick311 said:
It wasn't a pessimistic remark against RMC, I have faith in the revolutionary company... But, if you look, the banking isn't heartlined like most of their other elements, that's what's rather confusing about the profiling of it.

It is heartlined, however it's done in a way that'll cause some strange G forces, whether it'll be positive or negative Gs I can't tell you without riding though.

Crazycoaster said:
Lofty said:
therick311 said:

It is heartlined, however it's done in a way that'll cause some strange G forces, whether it'll be positive or negative Gs I can't tell you without riding though.
Yeah, you got what I mean, I'm sometimes terrible at explaining myself.

To be fair, I don't think the angle of the photo helps, something a little higher might be able to show the profile better. It's not too dissimilar from Raging Bull's turnaround, except with much higher banking.

New Goliath Insider

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPducQRTchA[/youtube]

*Edited to embed video - ECG

So do we have a better idea on the time table for opening?

The park informed me that they are planning on holding the media day event on May 22nd, so the opening will be Memorial Day weekend.

Video from that RCDB drone shoot;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLUJqtjKeQ[/youtube]

:)

I like watching Duane get more and more daring with each shoot of that thing. :razz:

^That's because he purchased a new drone. He sold the old one to One Wheel Productions.

Upstop Media posted this mock-up of Duane's photo to show what has yet to be done.

10007451_480997502026003_406544950_n.jpg