What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Batman: The Ride | S&S 4D

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
It's freaking insane! You can read more about on this article:

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themepark ... story.html

By far the biggest addition at any Six Flags park for 2015 is Batman: The Ride planned for Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio.

The new first-of-its-kind ride is described as a cross between the Green Lantern fourth-dimension coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia and the X-Flight wing coaster at Six Flags Great America in the Chicago area. Sitting on a compact footprint, the 120-foot-tall 4-D wing coaster is top feature an elevator-like lift hill, forward and reverse inversions and beyond-vertical freefall drops.

Six Flags has used the Batman: The Ride name on several Bolliger & Mabillard inverted coasters, including one at nearby Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington.

I definitely wasn't expecting a coaster from Fiesta Texas just after Iron Rattler.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lzpMBjm0ww[/youtube]

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Batman: The Ride | Intamin 4D

IT'S NOT AN INTAMIN!!!!!! :) . Although, I think it does look a little too much like the Zac Spins. I was expecting something a bit more impressive and unique, but hopefully it will spin more than the intamin counterparts and be more comfortable.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Batman: The Ride | Intamin 4D

Oops. :oops: Anyway I guess if it isn't Intamin I can't really find what the manufacture is, odd.

steel

Mega Poster
There's nothing "first-of-its-kind" about this, it's just the first time S&S has built a ball coaster. "Cross between Green Lantern and X-Flight," spare me, it's nothing like X-Flight.

I'm sure it will be fun though. Seems like a good choice for SFFT.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I loved Green Lantern at SFMM, and hope this gives a similar ride. I imagine the pops of airtime going over those drops in the back seat will be brilliant.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It's a little disappointing that they've just copied the zac-spin, though the (slightly) longer layout is an improvement.

Why wont anyone make these with lateral movements?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Its a great compact ride, space is a huge issue for most parks. I agree I wish they had some turns, but the footprint would immediately expand.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Not what I expected but sure looks fun. I don't get why put it in Fiesta Texas when there are other parks in need of a decent coaster. Just look at La Ronde. Super Menage can just GTFO. I personally hated that piece of ****.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Glennderp said:
Not what I expected but sure looks fun. I don't get why put it in Fiesta Texas when there are other parks in need of a decent coaster. Just look at La Ronde. Super Menage can just GTFO. I personally hated that piece of ****.

Maybe in 2016 they will get Fer Monstre? :wink:

andrus

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
It's a little disappointing that they've just copied the zac-spin, though the (slightly) longer layout is an improvement.

Why wont anyone make these with lateral movements?
Intamin have stated in an interview that they'll do turns if a client asked them. It's just a case where these small layouts that have been built to date don't really need any turns.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
elephant58 said:
Something like this would be suitable for the Pleasure Beach. They SO need to get something soon.....
Actually providing this proves reliable and not to costly it could be a good addition as we all know the limited space Pleasure Beach have. Perhaps where that dated 'Dino Bar/Arcade' is.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nemesis of oblivion said:
elephant58 said:
Something like this would be suitable for the Pleasure Beach. They SO need to get something soon.....
Actually providing this proves reliable and not to costly it could be a good addition as we all know the limited space Pleasure Beach have.
I wouldn't hold your breath, it is S&S... ;)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
That isn't rally a fair statement. The only S&S coaster that ever had a bad track record with downtime is X, which was actually Arrow's invention, the ones S&S built after X have better reliability. OK, the FlySwatters, I'll give you those, but they are incredibly complex machines, they probably could have used a longer prototype phase... Regardless, Stan Checketts isn't even with the company any more, so it is the same company in name only these days.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ And let's not forget Hypersonic or Skyhawk. :wink: