What's new

Six Flags America | Firebird | B&M Floorless Conversion (of Apocalypse)

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ehh I dunno I kind of like the color scheme? It reminds me of Mantis, but just with a fresher coat. I want to see a better picture of the ride itself before I settle my thoughts.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This doesn't look as yellow as on the other picture:-
56158237_10156913157090995_4218325803626135552_o.jpg

And it looks a lot better!

Image from the park's Facebook.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I think it's going to be a welcome change in the eyes of the public. Some new theming would really enhance this ride and set it apart from Apocalypse, in my eyes.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Excuse me!

Please tell me that yellow is a primer...

Also, what is the deal with that one support?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Clearance reasons, yes. I've touched it myself lol. That support got modified several years ago. Apparently no one noticed that it didn't pass clearance in the 20-some years it operated as a standup?

Matt N

CF Legend
The hybrid colour scheme is... interesting, to say the least. Maybe they couldn't decide on one colour?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
As if something at SFA couldn't get any uglier.
Good job on your 50-dollar upgrade, Six Flags!

About that support... as far as I know, stand-up trains must be taller than floorless ones, right? I mean, if it was running fine for all these years, what's the deal now?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That yellow coat is what is known as a primer. It's used to help make the outer coat more durable and vibrant, allowing for a longer shelf life.

The orange does looks quite amazing, if I must say. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to doing it this summer! :)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That yellow coat is what is known as a primer. It's used to help make the outer coat more durable and vibrant, allowing for a longer shelf life.

The orange does looks quite amazing, if I must say. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to doing it this summer! :)
I know what primer is, but I thought primer was typically grey?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It usually is, yes, but sometimes it's best to match the color of the final coat with a lighter tone(in this case, a pastel yellow primer for orange) to make it more vibrant.