What's new

Silverwood new ride 2013

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Ever since I first saw this topic, I've thought it'd be something like Excalibur 2 at Camelot. Perhaps they've bought that? :?

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
^ Maybe something along those lines. Was Excalibur 2 one of a kind?

Intricks said:
How does that signify a flat?

Collectively, here is what I know
- Silverwood implies it makes you very Dizzy.
- Silverwood claimes it is the second tallest ride (maybe roller coasters are not included).
- Construction would have begun by now if it was a coaster, at least footings would have been placed. If it is a coaster, it sounds major. A 102' inversion and a 140'+ drop. For example Maverick, I visited CP in 2006. In late July footings were already placed. I feel that someone on CF or TPR would have pictures.

Of course I could be totally wrong. Just food for thought. :--D
ARGGH I want to know what it is!

Intricks

Strata Poster
VascoXTRC said:
^ Maybe something along those lines. Was Excalibur 2 one of a kind?

Intricks said:
How does that signify a flat?

Collectively, here is what I know
- Silverwood implies it makes you very Dizzy.
- Silverwood claimes it is the second tallest ride (maybe roller coasters are not included).
- Construction would have begun by now if it was a coaster, at least footings would have been placed. If it is a coaster, it sounds major. A 102' inversion and a 140'+ drop. For example Maverick, I visited CP in 2006. In late July footings were already placed. I feel that someone on CF or TPR would have pictures.

Of course I could be totally wrong. Just food for thought. :--D
ARGGH I want to know what it is!

Here are a couple of things that make me believe it to be a coaster:

1) No new age flat rides that spin have ever reached both a height of 102' (exactly) and Invert you. While rides like MaXair get close, they dont trully have you go beyond a 120° angle.

2) It is slightly known that Mack proposed a Spinning Coaster for Hersheypark for the Project 2012. It would also have gone upside down, giving them a first (until that dark ride in Japan opened with a launch and controlled spin).

3) It could be a Zacspin for all we know. Those spin to an extent and are around the height it asks. They also offer a launch type version

4) S&S have something similar, but I cant remember if it is free spinning or controlled like their 4Ds.

5) You are more likely to get dizzy on something with a very tight, fast spinning radius, than on something with a larger, slow spin.

So unless theyve built a Tilt-A-Whirl that raises up to 140 feet and flips you upside down on its descent at the 102 mark, I have my doubts it is a flat.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Intricks said:
4) S&S have something similar, but I cant remember if it is free spinning or controlled like their 4Ds.
The S&S zac-spin-like concept from IAAPA this year was halfway between controlled and free spinning, it used magnets at certain points on the track to encourage spinning and also inhibit it where necessary.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
Intricks said:
The S&S zac-spin-like concept from IAAPA this year was halfway between controlled and free spinning, it used magnets at certain points on the track to encourage spinning and also inhibit it where necessary.

Yes, it is the new 4d design. S&S had some impressive new concepts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-26 at 11.29.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-26 at 11.29.15 PM.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 37

Intricks

Strata Poster
See, I still dont think it is a flat mainly cause of the 2nd tallest ride in the park and 102 foot upside down. The pendulum rides swing high, and while that does invert, it also probably is either shorter tham X height, and the gondola you sit in (on....against?) most likely swings heigher. Doesnt MaXair swing almost 130ft high?

The specifics of how high you're gonna be when upside down and claim it will be the second highest i the park (is this official or just speculation) just doesnt fit well into a Flat Ride beyond that thing ECG and UC were taped doing, but that would be a waste of tower weight then. A coaster, especially when you add in what S&S Sansei now offer and the proposed MACK coaster for Hershey, seems to just fit better with the given clues.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
VascoXTRC said:
Yes, it is the new 4d design. S&S had some impressive new concepts.

I still think it's funny how it took S&S 5 years to come up with a ZacSpin copy.

As for Silverwood I would guess for a Technical Park Flying Fury ride.

Intricks

Strata Poster
425769_10151366348918674_770175177_n.jpg

Okay....this is interesting...

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
^ I really don't know how to translate that. I think it implies that another exists in the world, but not in the US. if it is truly the only one in the world, why not say it? Maybe after New Year's the announcement will be made.

SoCalCoaster521

Roller Poster
Haven't heard a peep of anything from my friends still working with the park, other than work is supposed to start in the first or second week of January. I'll more than likely take a drive up there here in the next week or so and see if theres any work going on. I'd imagine something should be announced within the next week or so anyway.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
How tall are those Starshape things (I think that's what they're called, like Blackpool's old Bling), and are there any in the USA already?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Nope, it's in Skyline Park in Germany. I found out because I went earlier in the year and saw it just casually sitting there with a new paint job. There's an old Removal of Bling topic somewhere where I shoved some pictures.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
gavin said:
^Nope, it's in Skyline Park in Germany. I found out because I went earlier in the year and saw it just casually sitting there with a new paint job. There's an old Removal of Bling topic somewhere where I shoved some pictures.

I tried it earlier there this year. Really boring ride, didn't invert once.