Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Silver Dollar City |

Intricks said:
Do you not see the wooden track?

Difference between "track" and "all".

B&MintaminGCI said:
Just wondering, do you ever have anything positive or optimistic to say? Every comment I see from you is negative.

Well, yeah, I do, I'm just not the stupidly positive Mary Sunshine you seem to be.

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

Ethan said:
B&MintaminGCI said:
RMC is now basically the Intamin of the woodies.

Please go and shoot yourself. They are NOT the new Intamin, their coasters are totally different.

Please go and shoot yourself, I CLEARLY did NOT say they were the new Intamin. I said they were the new Intamin of the woodies, aka wooden companies for pushing the limits and boundaries of normal wooden roller coasters...

:roll:

Intricks

Strata Poster

Pretty sure he was referring to the fact that it doesnt randomly go steel for the inversions, like SoB did.

Ben

CF Legend

There's more wood in the inversions than in SoB's, but to say "all" of them is wood, is wrong.

Ethan

Strata Poster

B&MintaminGCI said:
Ethan said:
B&MintaminGCI said:
RMC is now basically the Intamin of the woodies.

Please go and shoot yourself. They are NOT the new Intamin, their coasters are totally different.

Please go and shoot yourself, I CLEARLY did NOT say they were the new Intamin. I said they were the new Intamin of the woodies, aka wooden companies for pushing the limits and boundaries of normal wooden roller coasters...

:roll:

They aren't the new Intamin! Do you see Intamin woodies with loops? No. Do you see Intamin Woodies with 153 degree banking? No. You are wrong, so don't give me the eyeroll smiley.

Intricks

Strata Poster

So this isnt going to use a wooden structure but giant metal poles to support the inversions?

Im almost 100% positive the entire support structure for the loop on SoB was that of a steel coaster, whereas those metal beams found here are used on most modern day wooden coasters that need the extra support.

While you may disagree with how you believe it should be worded, all those pieces there are found on wooden coasters, so his wording is still true.

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster

Ethan said:
They aren't the new Intamin! Do you see Intamin woodies with loops? No. Do you see Intamin Woodies with 153 degree banking? No. You are wrong, so don't give me the eyeroll smiley.

Intamin pushes the limits of steel roller coasters.

RMC pushes the limits of woodies.

Therefore they can be seen as the Intamin of the wooden coasters.

It's really not that hard to understand my point.

Ethan

Strata Poster

That doesn't mean RMC is the new Intamin of woodies. It means technology and engineering is evolving. Intamin woodies give a completely different experience and layout to The New Texas Giant, and supposedly, this coaster.

Ben

CF Legend

Intricks said:
So this isnt going to use a wooden structure but giant metal poles to support the inversions?

Im almost 100% positive the entire support structure for the loop on SoB was that of a steel coaster, whereas those metal beams found here are used on most modern day wooden coasters that need the extra support.

While you may disagree with how you believe it should be worded, all those pieces there are found on wooden coasters, so his wording is still true.

Most modern woodies aren't "all" wood, and to say so, would be wrong.

Here, http://www.thefreedictionary.com/all.

This is still significantly supported by steel, so to make it out like a victory over SoB is incorrect.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Ben said:
JJLehto said:
Oh and whadya know? The inversions are all wood it appears. Suck it SoB!

Do you not see the massive steel beams?

Intricks said:
Do you not see the wooden track?

Gah! Beat me to it.
I think ya know what I meant, no complete wood to steel conversion here. It's largely still wood.

And alright, alright...I see the last comments too. Don't get em in a bunch...no "victories" have been declared over SoB, just having some fun relax.
Well I will declare victory that this seems like it will be far superior, barring the possibility it tears itself apart.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

So let's plan the CF trip for opening day before the ride falls apart from its epic glory.

michaellll

Mega Poster

Ethan said:
That doesn't mean RMC is the new Intamin of woodies. It means technology and engineering is evolving. Intamin woodies give a completely different experience and layout to The New Texas Giant, and supposedly, this coaster.

He's not doing a straight comparison of RMC woodies to Intamin woodies. You've either misunderstood his argument or you're ignoring it.

Ethan

Strata Poster

He said RMC is becoming the new Intamin (woodies). Which I disagree with...

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ben said:
Intricks said:

Most modern woodies aren't "all" wood, and to say so, would be wrong.

Here, http://www.thefreedictionary.com/all.

This is still significantly supported by steel, so to make it out like a victory over SoB is incorrect.

So your view is of all = purely wooden in your argument.

This type of supporting is found on modern wooden rides. So it is a component of a wooden coaster in my ride. All = Everything from a wooden coaster.

We are viewing this on two different opinions, so Im going the high rode and going to agree to disagree.

Just like your and my opinion of "home park" are different.

Ben

CF Legend

Jesus H. Christ...

Here's a few normal Wooden coasters. Also known as the "peak" of modern woodies.

mrslmqv1e433g66v001iql.jpg

6mg001irllmqv1c99tkhku.jpg

Notice the wooden ties. Made of wood. You know, trees? There are a handful of steel beams where there's gaps in the wood, but that's it.

Here's this ride.

314346_10151138039067603_592257421_n.jpg

Notice the steel ties and steel supports. Steel is not wood. That track is in NO way wooden track.

GOSH. Why you think this is normal of modern woodies is beyond me.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Okay, the comparison is of this coaster's inversion and SOB's inversion.

Let's take a look at SOB's loop shall we?

9ib94800cnuo1j207gipm0.jpg

Do you see any wood there? No, infact, to use your favourite new word, it's ALL steel.

However, Outlaw Run, whilst it contains steel, still quite heavily uses wood, and looks far more wooden than SOB's loop ever did/will.

Ben

CF Legend

Point out the part where I said it didn't have more wood in it than SoB's?

In fact, last page...

Ben said:
There's more wood in the inversions than in SoB's, but to say "all" of them is wood, is wrong.

Yeah, good one.

Do you see any wood there? No, infact, to use your favourite new word, it's ALL steel.

Do you see any steel on Outlaw Run's? Yes? So it's not ALL wood is it?

Keep quiet Arly, grown ups are talking.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Ben said:
Do you see any steel on Outlaw Run's? Yes? So it's not ALL wood is it?

Yes, I do, hence my comment..

Uncle Arly said:
However, Outlaw Run, whilst it contains steel, still quite heavily uses wood, and looks far more wooden than SOB's loop ever did/will.

Status
Not open for further replies.