What's new

Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

I absolutely love it. I love how the ride has a look similar to Excalibur at Valleyfair - built with toothpicks. It just oozes uniqueness.

Lateral airtime is amazing, I think that ridiculous element looks incredible.

I wish this ride was somewhere else. Like, it really couldn't be in a more burdenous place. At least if it really was in Asia I'd be like... Oh well, not going there anytime soon, but because it is in the US it's like this delusional set of excuses to go.. "Oh its not THAT much farther than Dolly and Holiday World..." When it really, really is. Like, twice as far from my starting point in VA. Lmao.

I think making the mistake of not riding this in opening year will be disastrous. I still don't think it'll last in a comfortable state for long, but it's going to be absolutely amazing when it opens.

Must convince Dillon the drive is worth it...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Those pictures are incredible and the ride looks utterly insane; like The Ultimate, only made by people who actually have a clue.

Absolute madness, it really is. I love that there are people out there still willing to really push boundaries (both parks and builders) in extreme rides. If NTG had had bad reviews, I'd be worried, but as it's been raved about, I'm really not. That wave turn though, it's going to be the oddest thing ever.

The park has released this photo of the lift hill drop. Wish I could have gotten up there during my visit, but it does give you a good idea of just how steep that baby is. :shock:

377443_10151267867947603_1124975498_n.jpg

I think I would actually **** myself.

Not just the drop, but the whole ride in general.

Hixee said:
^But look at the shaping, it's nothing like that 90° hill on the High-Five Coaster. It actually has a bulge in it.

:shock:
I thought that was an illusion created by the picture! Holy shiznits...

Martyn B said:
I think I would actually **** myself.

Not just the drop, but the whole ride in general.

Amen to that. Back seat, first drop, terrifying.

Great pics and vids ECG! I just keep getting more and more anxious about this coaster. I like what they have planned for theming which will only add to the already spectacular ride that I imagine this to be.

Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

November 1st is when Silver Dollar City will unveil the virtual ride for Outkaw Run at 10am CST.

There is a 14 second sneak peak and dear lord do those trains look amazing!

POV animation!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYlxEF8uX4E[/youtube]

Every time you see it go through an element.. I just think 'what?.. why?'.. and it makes me want to go that much more.

While it will be short, it will be good in that short.

Yeah, shorter than I guess I thought it would be...but still looks great! Hope it runs as smoothly as it did in the POV :p

Status
Not open for further replies.