What's new

Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Wooden Hybrid Coaster for Silver Dollar City

Top 5 out of his own count? No. Top 5 in the world? Maybe - We don't know yet.

The thing is, who cares if it's wood/steel? Really? If it gives a good ride experience, that's all that matters really.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Not over excited if this is remotely similar to Texas Giant, which demolished my extremely high expectations for it.

Lofty, I agree with you, but I also feel the entire reason they are doing the wood supports, steel rails is to give it a more "vintage" feel. There is something (in my opinion) much more intimidating staring at a mass of wood, than a few steel supports.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ But...
tomahawKSU said:
If this is anything like Texas Giant (which it will be) it will be a top 5 coaster.

I'm confused you just contradicted yourself?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

How? I agreed that it doesn't matter the type, doesn't mean I don't think this will be a top 5 coaster.

Intricks

Strata Poster

You went from "ZOMG TURP FURVE COASTER HERP DERP! HAPPY IN PANTS!" to "Meh, it will be the suxorz cuz its like NTG which sucks only a few posts later".

Hence the calling out on your contradicting posts.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Intricks and Ethan,

What the hell are you talking about? Learn to read? tomahawKSU has shown nothing but enthusiasm for this coaster.

ZOMG if you're going to try and insult people, you need to get your s**t right to do it properly HERP DERP.

On topic, looks great / wonderful addition to the park etc.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

So... can we safely say that this is no longer a rumor and get a move over to construction?

:D

CPcisco

Mega Poster

^ You never know, they could just be building a huge wooden support structure for scenery. :p

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Unknown"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

I have a feeling this will be like a cross between Boulder Dash and The Beast where barely any of it is visible offride. I could see it having The Beast's length and Boulder Dash's twistiness. (Is twistiness a word? It needs to be. :p)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ That would be 'Twistieness' then :--D

Don't think it's gonna have Beasts length but i would love to be wrong on that one!

Intricks

Strata Poster

For a first time build? HIGHLY doubt it, but it is nice to dream.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Heard some interesting things about this ride today.

All topper track, not NTG style track.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

That is interesting, I'd have thought NTG track would make it easier to incorporate the rumoured inversion(s)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Wait a minute, I thought NTG used the topper track? I thought topper track was just the new steel rails bolted onto a (possibly pre-exisiting) wooden structure.

I must have got it muddles, can someone explain the difference?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^The way I understand it, the topper track isn't exactly a "track" in its own right. It's basically just a strip of metal that replaces the top layer of wooden track, in order to make a smoother ride.

NTG uses a completely steel track. The wooden supports are still used, but there's no wooden track left; it's all steel.

IF this new woodie is using topper track, it suggests that it will more of a "traditional" layout, as the steel will just be laid on top of a mostly wooden track. Essentially, it means the coaster should stay smoother for longer, while still looking and riding like a "true" woodie.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Oh I see, the topper track really is just a very slight extension of the normal wooden track. I agree with you about the layout then. That doesn't stop the "traditional" layout potentially being very good (looks at Boulder Dash ;) ), but it seems like it's going to be used more for the maintenance/longevity of the ride instead of unlocking something insane.

Thanks Gavin!

Status
Not open for further replies.