What's new

Signature Shots

DropZone99

Mega Poster
Just about every coaster has a signature shot, but was is it? I thought it'd be kinda cool if I made a 'game' where you could post a rides signature shot, but... That ride can only be in this topic once! So I'll go first.

KingsIsland868.jpg

Such an ugly signature shot If you ask me...

And by the way, it's not really supposed to be good, it's supposed to be a photo that everyone has and is over shown.

^ Aw you stole mine, I was gonna use the Dragster one as well.

BUT, the one I'm gonna say is the one with Kingda Ka and Toro from across the little pond thing at Great Adventure. I think everyone that goes there takes a picture from that area!

1453837201_392de7f96a.jpg

Somethin like that.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
DropZone99 said:
...it's supposed to be a photo that everyone has and is over shown.
wash said:
How is that a signature shot? Does everyone get to stand at the top of the hill as trains zoom by? :?

STC

Mega Poster
The picture of the Beast above is amazing! I have to disagree with the Top Thrill one above though and propose as the signature shot, in fear of breaking the topic's rules!
p5792.jpg

And here's mine, a bit obvious maybe:
dueling-dragons.jpg

DropZone99

Mega Poster
^ I wouldn't count the TTD as a signature shot because not anyone can take that, you have to be a maintenance person or something to get up there.

wash

Mega Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
How is that a signature shot? Does everyone get to stand at the top of the hill as trains zoom by? :?
Well, no. But that particular shot is used quite frequently and is probably the most common image of The Beast. For instance, the first page of a google image search of "the beast kings island" shows:

6 instances of other roller coasters.
1 "other" image of The Beast.
2 instances of the ride's logo.
3 instances of The Beast as seen from the Eiffel Tower.
9 instancess of said shot or a variant.
beastsearch.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
DropZone99 said:
^ I wouldn't count the TTD as a signature shot because not anyone can take that, you have to be a maintenance person or something to get up there.

So when you ride it, it doesn't actually go up there? :roll: