What's new

Should Thorpe's Fright Nights be more intense?

Should Fright Nights be more intense?

• Yes, they should really expand on what they have to create an amazing event

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's fine as it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't want Thorpe to turn into a mini HHN but it certainly can be improved. Added scenery and features around the park won't increase gate numbers by loads more, but it will make the event much more enjoyable and creepy for those that go.

marc

CF Legend
I actually think they need to lower the gate numbers and have it over a longer period.

This way more people can enjoy the attractions and the rides.

Ollie

CF Legend
A longer period is better as people wont be rushing to get there, as Ghosterforce the past couple of years has been horrendous with long queues and lots of people.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ To be honest I don't think extending the period Fright Nights occurs in is the solution at all. I hear reports the very early in Fright Nights the park is empty. Kids will still visit during half term, simply because they're all off school. It won't change how busy the park is at all. The solution is to either lower the gate figure, risking hitting capacity and sending people away, or extend opening hours. I think at Fright Nights, the park should be open from atleast 9am, possibly 8, with midnight closing during half term. Midnight closure seems something that has long been called for during half term, atleast then people get a reasonable chance of being able to experience 3 of the 4 mazes, and also gives people more chance to ride, and obviously if it was open 8am till 12am, the first few hours and last few will be less busy.

Rush

Giga Poster
Rob said:
^ To be honest I don't think extending the period Fright Nights occurs in is the solution at all. I hear reports the very early in Fright Nights the park is empty. Kids will still visit during half term, simply because they're all off school. It won't change how busy the park is at all.

The start of October is quiet BECAUSE people wait to go to Fright Nights. Extending it would give more people a reason to go before half term. Kids are off school on weekends, doesn't stop them going then instead. Doing that I reckon would encourage more people to go before half term and I'd certainly do that.

The solution is to either lower the gate figure, risking hitting capacity and sending people away,

As well as lowering the amounts of Fastrack they sell which helps cause the huge queues. A good stategy, it will also encourage people to book online as well.

...or extend opening hours. I think at Fright Nights, the park should be open from atleast 9am, possibly 8, with midnight closing during half term. Midnight closure seems something that has long been called for during half term, atleast then people get a reasonable chance of being able to experience 3 of the 4 mazes, and also gives people more chance to ride, and obviously if it was open 8am till 12am, the first few hours and last few will be less busy.

That is almost out of the question. Think of the poor staff who have to work until that time and even at the 10pm closings rides carry on operating UNTIL the queue is empty. That means the poor staff are working until 2am and coming back in as early as 9am. Yes, they can hire more staff but if they are to open until midnight then queues should be shut early to ensure the staff get rest.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
yes deffently not the asylum but the others dooo and hey should have scatry actors around the rides and in the queues

Ollie

CF Legend
The mazes are more funny scary than scary scary. Hellgate was the best last year, it was crap and is barely themed at all but it was really fun. Se7en is improving each year, The Curse was really well themed but it just didn't have very good scares. And Asylum is still ahead of the others in terms of overall scariness but it can still be improved loads.
I reckon they need to overhaul the mazes and get proper themeing and sets as some of them are rubbish. Also the actors need to be trained better as well as some of them aren't that good.