What's new

should Rameses Revenge be removed for a s&s screaming sw

should Rameses Revenge be removed for a s&s screaming swing?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
No. What is the point? There is a screaming swing a couple of miles down the road at everyone's favourite park :lol:

It is the only Top spin in the area and a good ride. Also they wouldn't fit a Screamin Swing into that space. It would look utterly retarded.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Ramases Revenge is also one of the most popular rides at Chessie and they won't get rid of it anytime soon as It pulls in the crowds and is highly entertaining to watch as well. :p

Wrong...

Rameses only ever gets a 15 minute queue tops now due to the major change in target audience at Chessie, as very few people over 1.4 go there, and due to the large capacity of it, can handle any possible queues with ease...

Rameses however is getting old, and is rather painful so I wouldn't be extremely sad to see it go, as it's a very unreliable ride overall...

They could easily replace it with a new one if they really wanted, but we'll have to wait and see what Merlin do, as I hear it'll still be about 2/3 years before any new rides are added, due to the zoo being the main focus...

spicy

Giga Poster
Joey said:
It's so sad that the UK's first true theme park is dying now.

I agree, its still a great park which shows how good it once was, a few more attractions and it is back where it once was.

Nemesis Inferno said:
I hear it'll still be about 2/3 years before any new rides are added, due to the zoo being the main focus...

I think that if that is the case it could be the death of the park unfortunately.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
spicy said:
Nemesis Inferno said:
I hear it'll still be about 2/3 years before any new rides are added, due to the zoo being the main focus...

I think that if that is the case it could be the death of the park unfortunately.

Judging on the attendance figures the park has been getting this year, this is actually arguable as the park hasn't been this busy for several years...

I'd rarely heard of Chessie hitting 10k, but it's done that a few times this year, and in half term hit 14k... God knows why it's become so popular all of a sudden with the GP though...

A

Anonymous

Rameses is good where it stands, Rush scared the **** out of my by sheer noise and look. :shock:

Also a Screaming Swing is way too big for that area.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^The Tripsdrill drop tower would be rather immense... Bit rough though imo...

Replace Berry Bouncers with it to make it much more entertaining ;)

*goes to YOUR VIEWS WANTED topic*

No.

Screamin' Swings kinda suck.

If you replaced it with a giant Huss Frisbee or something, then we'd be talking, but a Screamin Swing? No way.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
No.

Screamin' Swings kinda suck.

If you replaced it with a giant Huss Frisbee or something, then we'd be talking, but a Screamin Swing? No way.

I'm not alone then. I hate Screamin Swings too. Rubbish things.

I don't think to be honest it should be replaced, mainly due to the fact there isn't mush space there. Build something where Rodeo used to be and I'd be happy.

Ben

CF Legend
^I'm with you guys, they are rubbish. I prefer Top Spins any day. I thought perhaps it was just Rush that was crap, but Lake Compounce's was a pile of poo as well. The one on Morey's Piers was better, but that wasn't the ride, just the great setting.

So, no. I'd hate to see it replaced with one of those loud, obnoxious and forceless rides.

^I'm with you guys, they are rubbish. I prefer Top Spins any day. I thought perhaps it was just Rush that was crap, but Lake Compounce's was a pile of poo as well. The one on Morey's Piers was better, but that wasn't the ride, just the great setting.

Yay for everyone who agrees with me! Top Spins are awesome and are really underrated, but still, giant huss Frisbees are way better, and so are Top Scans. At least they actually pull some G's. With Skyhawk I might as well be on a park swing with a tiny bit of added airtime.

walker1104

Mega Poster
No it shouldn't because chessington is aimed at younger children, and how many of them are going to go on it. Plus there's one down the road at Thorpe, so they can go to Thorpe and ride that if they want.

Tom

Hyper Poster
Maybe a mini version of these, suitable for young children that didn't go very high and wasn't very noisy.

That might just fit in but a full size one, now way.

A

Anonymous

To the people who said Rameses Revenge is sh*t. It's not ****, it's an old and very popular ride amongst visitors.

For the Record, a S&S Screaming Swing, would be far to intense and scary for children, Rameses is just right, it entertains the older people, and occasionally, a few children who are 'brave' enough to ride it. A S&S Screaming Swing is unwanted in Chessington and would gain no riders. It's a 'Family' Park, and not a Thrill Seekers capital!

Also someone did point out the obvious fact that Merlin already have a S&S Screaming Swing just down the road. :roll:

A

Anonymous

I've never been on Rush at Thorpe Park because it just looks really quite terrifying. Rameses is fine, I remember going on it when it was brand new at the park and thinking I was really brave :)

I think it would be very out of place in Chessington. The pirate ship is swing enough, and can be quite scary! They're a family park, and I can't see the whole family happily taking a ride on a screaming swing!!