What's new

should Rameses Revenge be removed for a s&s screaming sw

should Rameses Revenge be removed for a s&s screaming swing?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

should Rameses Revenge be removed for a s&s screaming swing

i think it should.
as chessington is a family place.
rameses revenge is 1.4 As an s&s screaming swing is 1.3 so it would be suitable for under 12 like rides there such as Dragons Fury and Vampire!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No.

Firstly, I think this topic is far too random.

Secondly, the Screaming Swings are hardly the least intimidating one rides. From my one experience of Thorpe Park's Screaming Swing, the noise and look of the ride is somewhat intimidating.

Thirdly, I don't think I've heard many people slate Rameses Revenge. I think a park needs some more thrilling rides to make the park appeal to guests of different ages.

No. Rameses Revenge is fine, if a guest wants to ride a Screaming Swing, then they should be in Thorpe Park.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Short answer - NO...

Long answer - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The only reason's the height limit is shorter is because of it being lap-bar only...

Rameses is well-loved by the GP due to the fountains, so it would be silly to get rid for a poor just-as-unreliable ride which would look much, much worse...

A

Anonymous

I think rameses revenge should be removed and taken to thorpe park
its more suited there, and i think a screming swing at chessie would be stupid, its height restriction may be slightly less than that of rameses but a screaming swing isnt the sort of investment that would be wise for a kids theme park.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Rameses would be a pointless addition to Thorpe...

It'd arguably cost more to remove it due to it being in a trench than buying a newer better model...

It's unreliable enough to be at Thorpe though ;)

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I just can't see a Screamin' Swing in Chessington. Rameses is fine and a Screamin' Swing just won't suit Chessington imo.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
No way.

Ramesses fits in so well at Chessie and is nicely themed. Theres also not much point in putting in a Screamin' Swing when theres another like 8 miles away thats perfectly fine. I don't think they would want an S&S ride anyway with the problems they have had with Thorpes ones.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
No ****ing way

Screamin wing are apilee of ****ing ****ee.

and why bother when Thorpe have one that's complete ****ing **** any way.

Keep Rmaeses,iot's one of thwe only decent things at Chessier.

spicy

Giga Poster
No way, I agree Chessie could do with a few more thrilling flats though.

I know it won't happen, but bring back Samurai and Rodeo and they are well back on track Imo!

Rush

Giga Poster
No, Rameses should stay put. I personally am not a fan of the ride but I think its setting is really good.

I agree with spicy in bringing Samurai and Rodeo back. (and making Samurai good for once.)

I'd like for Rush to move to Chessie though, don't know where but I think maybe Rush would get better care and Chessie could try and theme it better.

Hixee said:
...if a guest wants to ride a Screaming Swing, then they should be in Thorpe Park.

Yeah but I want to ride the Screamin' Swing, not go to Thorpe Park! :x :lol:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think Hayes has a point.

RR has had it. It REALLY has.

It needs to go. It needs to be replaced with something that doesn't scream in pain every time it moves.

I think a screamin' swing is FAR too big to fit in there, unless they can get a miniture model made? But i can't see Merlin EVER investing in S&S after all thr trouble at Thorpe.But Hayes makes a good point with the height limit.

Chessington badly need to start getting some new attractions. It's so sad that the UK's first true theme park is dying now. Vampire won't last much longer. They need some good, low height limit, but still thrilling rides like Vampire and Dragon's Fury to attract a mixed audiance.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I think it's fine where it is. Plus you couldn't really place it becasue I don't think there's really enough room for a screamin swing where Rameses is.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I do agree with people saying that it needs to go, as it is getting very old and tired. However a Screaming Swing is not that way to go at all! Chessington is a family park and while they need to cater for all ages, the Screaming Swing would just scare the landscape and would destroy the atmosphere, not to mention how unreliable they are! I don't know what they could replace it with, another coaster or just a small flat with a grassey area? Not a ****ing Screaming Swing!

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I think they should keep RR becuse its suits its surrounding area and dosn't take up a big footprint and is the parks main thrill ride.

A

Anonymous

In responce to what hixee said right at the begining.. I quite like the noise of Screaming Swings, with them big air cannisters. It just adds to the atomosphere. I really like the noise of Rush at Thorpe park.
However! back to the topic.. i dont think so... it wudnt work at chessie. Thorpe have only just pulled it off in my opinion and i have to admit, it looks great, however, it just would not work at chessington. End of.

Rob

Mega Poster
Yes. When I went to the chessie meet at Easter I was thinking, oh, Chessie could do whith a Screamin' Swing, and Ramesis is s**t. It's sequence is uber lame and it is just old, and quite obviously dieing.

A Screamin' Swing is a family ride, it has a lower height limit, it isn't scary, and while it looks slightly intimidating, rides like Ramesis look much worse to little kids. The big swing, or the flippy, forceful, (not so)fast looking thing? Moreover, Screamin' Swings are way better than top spins, so, seen as Ramesis needs to go anyway, yeah, it should be replaced with a Swing. (Not on Ramesis' site though as it wouldn't fit)

A

Anonymous

I absolutly agree with you rob, ramesis revenge does look incredibly intimidating to little children, yes they should get rid of the top spin, but i think a screaming swing isnt the way forward. Chessie should maybe install a maelstrom (drayton manor) type of ride rather than a screaming swing. I think maybe that would work.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Hmmmm, no they should as it is the most intense flat ride that Chessie have, but yes, because children do find it a bit 'big' for them and after all, most of the rides are aimed at families...

Ollie

CF Legend
No.
Merlin already has a Screaming Swing and don't need another.
Ramases Revenge is also one of the most popular rides at Chessie and they won't get rid of it anytime soon as It pulls in the crowds and is highly entertaining to watch as well. :p

So no!