What's new

Shock: Launched X-Car-Coaster - Rainbow Magicland, Italy

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
If I recall correctly they've named the ride "Shock" on the website...

And it will be steam-punk themed by the looks of things, though personally it's not the most impressive theme this park seems to be having...

Ben

CF Legend
Steam-punk? Shock? It just needs three little letters more and I'd be on my way to Italy >.<

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^<3

RCDB are calling this coaster "Shock" as well now, so I've gone ahead and changed the title of the topic.

I'm the best Mod ever!

peep

CF Legend
I have to admit that I knew nothing of steampunk. I still don't know much but the artwork looks awesome. The park's blog just happened to be updated today with more info on the steampunk theme.

Blog

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i9ZX10iM64[/youtube]
A nice introduction on the movement. Really great stuff comes from steampunk. I'm very excited to see it creep into theming again - I love Le Disney's Space Mountain. Lots more to explore!

Louis!

Mega Poster
It's interesting to see the non-inverting loop go like that. It looks more like a tilted version, as well as the fact it's lost it's twist at the top.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Well, in essence, it hasn't lost it's "Twist". It's just that it only exists then enters the banking in the same direction. This coaster does look like fun. Plus it's themed to Steampunk, <3.

On a kind of side note, the rest of the theming in the park is actually shaping up to be something quite nice, I'm sure it will be very photogenic. I have the feeling the park is going for the more "Fantasy" theming rather then say 'actual theming', by this I mean like PortAventura, Terra Mitica etc have, where it feels organic and 'actual'.

Ben

CF Legend
Urm, am I the only one that doesn't think this is actually going to open in two months time?

Nic

Strata Poster
Have I ever mentioned that launched X-Cars make me happy in my pants? If it turns out to be crap, I'll... I'll... throw pizza at it!

Looks awesome. Is it finished? Have they started testing yet?

peep

CF Legend
^Doesn't look testing has started but construction of the theming seems to be coming together now. Nothing of real note at the moment but as soon as I see an update that looks interested I'll link ya.

peep

CF Legend
Someone posted the below video of the coaster testing on the unofficial fan club page on facebook:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2iaN80c0ds[/youtube]

LOL