What's new

Shanghai, China | Shanghai Disneyland | Theme Park

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Just an image dump of Mickey Avenue and Fantasyland.

mickey%2Bav.jpg

ma3.jpg

ma2.jpg

fantasyland%2B2.jpg

fantasyland.jpg

sdl%2Bcastle.jpg

Looks like it will be the cheapest Disney resort yet.

IMG_6684.jpg~original

There's loads more stuff in the source like pics from inside the hotel and the construction of the castle.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It's part of the Fantasyland boat ride. Crystal Grotto or whatever it's called.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Looks brilliant. They've got the colouring on that mountain in the first picture just right. I've always thought the Tron coaster looks a bit like it doesn't belong in a Disney park but then at the same time it does look pretty cool, especially with the lights.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The castle is finished and is looking ludicrously lavish!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ED92live/status/712324785171271681[/tweet]
Day shot

[tweet]https://twitter.com/daykota/status/712639263502827520[/tweet]
Night shot

Can't wait for more pics so I can try to distinguish its different influences.

Lofty

CF Legend
Apparently, the park is still quite a way off completion to 'Disney Standards', and will more than likely open with some areas still unfinished/landscaped.

peep

CF Legend
^which happens every time they open a park.

I do get confused when these photo updates come through, one angle will make it look like scaffolding is gone and it's ready, then another photo will make it look far from finished. I'm not sure if photos have been taken at different stages or of its generally down to different camera angles. Maybe a bit of both?

Still, they have just over two months to go, lots can happen in that time.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
It's not complete, just the lights have been tested. Apparently when the park opens, it'll be very evidently unfinished, which is a shame. At least fab Tron is meant to be very very good.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I'm procrastinating, which means....

93004c23gw1f28e3i2xjhj20zk0qoguo.jpg

93004c23gw1f28dxn5h34j20zk0qowlv.jpg

some nice details

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DLifestylers/status/713378958323159040[/tweet]
Voyage to Crystal grotto

128835640_14589510244191n.jpg

This got me interested because it looks like the boat ride goes into a cave at the foot of the castle...

128835640_14589510243591n.jpg

I'm not sure if the boats come round the front or if that pit is for stage lighting and stuff...

Also does anyone what that large cream cubic building in the top left hand side of the pic is going to be?

Aerial pics

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DisneylandBerry/status/714418143721086977[/tweet]
Castle details

Also I'm pretty sure tickets went on sale yesterday.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Tickets went on sale today. I was going to take a look, but going to hold off. If there are still tickets available next week when get home, for the weekend I want in July, I'll see that as a good sign and seriously think about it. If not, it will be October, which will be the better option anyway. F**k it; trying to go in the first few months can only be a horrible idea if it's avoidable.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I read that tickets for opening day have been sold out in a matter of 5 minutes.

Yeah, I think if I were to go to Shanghai Disneyland I would postponer my visit until next year (although I don't know if crowds would be *that* different from opening year)...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Apparently the first 5 days are sold out and tickets are going on the second-hand market for around £350.

Fools.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Overall this looks amazing, but there is just something about the whole thing that's kinda "off" for me. Like it's not up to the Disney standard for some reason. I'm not sure what it is, it might be that they still need to apply those final details or that all of the pictures a lighted in a weird way because of the smog. I guess it might just be me, and it'll probably end up looking phenomenal as always.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
I really don't like the look of that castle, everything else however looks amazing!

I like the detailing on it, and the actual themed exterior is really nice, but it is just too big IMO. And too square. It sort of looks like they've tried to make it into a hotel.