What's new

SFNE Opening Day

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
So today in the 40 degree weather I went to SFNE on opening day.

This year I decided not to get a SF Season Pass and instead get a SFNE day ticket becuase it will be the only SF park I am going to this summer (the others are cedar fair)

Well, first, Bizarro was closed at 10:00 a.m. opening. Why? Too cold. The cold temperatures would restrict it from getting over the hills. So they led us down to the new coaster Gotham City Gauntlet. Crap.

At 1:30 Bizarro finally opened and was amazing as usual. I left after riding at 2.

Reviews:

Closed: Batman and Thunderbolt

Bizarro- 10, amazing!
Cyclone- 8, good woodie
Gauntlet - 3, crappy wild mouse just like I expected
Mind Eraser- 2, crappy vekoma SLC, just like usual

There were lines for Flashback and Pandemonium, and I had already rode each them at least five times, so I decided not to wait.

So opening day basically sucked. I should have waited to a weekend in late may or early june.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Temperature can be annoying. I've been at Thorpe a couple of times when rides have closed due to the temperature.

If I'm honest, it's a crap report. Would you have stayed until 2 if Bizarro was ridable from the start?

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Just wondering, if you are only going to sfne the whole year why don't you get a pass! It would still be better than just buying 3+ day tickets.

P.S. Pictures = better reports :wink:

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
d

jjjjustin said:
Just wondering, if you are only going to sfne the whole year why don't you get a pass! It would still be better than just buying 3+ day tickets.

I am only going once, so I decided to make that one time opening day.