What's new

SFMM 2011 - 3 new coasters including a ZacSpin!

Newtrek5

Mega Poster
That makes me very happy to see. I'm actually a fan of the original, so I'm looking 'forwards' to ride 'backwards'. :--D

In other news, looks like Terminator will be joining EK in adopting a new name and theme for the 2011 season.

marc

CF Legend
It great to see it going that high and yes I know it is only testing.

I PMSL when I was reading the topic :)

I like the new colours of the ride, and the sound it makes. Looking good so far and I am pleased they are trying to fit it rather than just rip it down.

Lofty

CF Legend
That video has only just brought to me how loud this thing actually is. Is it as bad when you are there? It is such a harsh and horrible sound.

Ben

CF Legend
^It's possibly the loudest coaster ever. It sounds like a fighter jet taking off when you're under it and you can hear it from pretty much anywhere. And it's awesome.

I'm loving how high it's going now, I really look forward to the day I get back there and have a go on the new one, but, I'm also really glad I got to try it as it was, you know?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm not getting my hopes up based on how high its going. Its an empty train, it goes higher than a fully loaded train. I have seen it test that high up as recent as like 2 years ago when the park was opening.

I was really hoping they were going to redo the launch system with this overhaul, but I guess that would have been too much of a good thing. Do like the colors though. Maybe I will actually visit the park when I go back to visit family.

marc

CF Legend
With the new lighter trains though who knows.

As much as I did not rate the ride they park would not be the same without that sound lol. I remember I kept looking up for jet fighters lol.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I don't know about anyone else, but I love that sound. To me, without it, it's not SFMM.

I suspect with the opening of the ride that the actual speed and therefore height distance traveled by the train will be close to that of what it was before, unfortunately. The view from up there would be more amazing though :?

NOT that it won't be amazing... I mean the trains are bass ackwards :D

marc

CF Legend
Whoops slight problem with the ride, posted on Screamscape.

Superman: Escape From Krypton - (1/15/11) According to the latest rumor to come my way, a new monkey wrench may have been thrown into Intamin’s latest project: Superman: Escape from Krypton. I’m not exactly sure where the exact problem area is, but I’ve been told that the new cars are apparently a little bit bigger. While they fit on the track just fine, the proper clearance envelope needed for an outstretched rider’s arm to fit safely through the launch tunnel has now been compromised either on the sides or the top.
At this point there are only two ways to fix the problem: widen the tunnel or restrict the riders arm movements. The quick and dirty fix idea under consideration is to attach some kind of “cage” where needed to keep your arms down. Personally I was hoping they would opt to fix the tunnel, taking the time to extend it and maybe add some lighting and fog effects as well.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
They will probally just do like they did with TOT... giant bags.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUZbniVvtdc[/youtube]

(50sec in or just look at the freezed image lol)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Six Flags will find a cheaper, tackier way to do it. Because they are Six Flags. I'll give it three months until at least one side is closed.