Pear

Strata Poster
This design

GrqkYiN.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend
I just got off.

What the actual :emoji_zipper_mouth:.

SFFT may be a must for enthusiasts now. Going to back row now.

What the :emoji_poop:.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Care to elaborate, if you wouldn't mind? Was the airtime as insane as it looks on video?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yes.
Care to elaborate, if you wouldn't mind? Was the airtime as insane as it looks on video?
Yes.

So I ended up with 2 rides, row 2 and 1 respectively. Didnt open for a half hour until after park opened, so we rode twice in an hour. Throughput incredible.

Front row is ****ing ridiculous. The drop has great hang, but from that moment on, you are hardly in your seat. The turnaround has strong positives, so it isnt a breather. The cutback is great, the first airtime delivers more than video shows. It's a winner 100%. I need more time to process, but right now it's definitely top 10, maybe top 5.

Matt N

CF Legend
Yes. Yes.

So I ended up with 2 rides, row 2 and 1 respectively. Didnt open for a half hour until after park opened, so we rode twice in an hour. Throughput incredible.

Front row is :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing ridiculous. The drop has great hang, but from that moment on, you are hardly in your seat. The turnaround has strong positives, so it isnt a breather. The cutback is great, the first airtime delivers more than video shows. It's a winner 100%. I need more time to process, but right now it's definitely top 10, maybe top 5.

Great stuff! Thanks @tomahawk!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
10 days until I ride it! Only a 25% chance of rain so fingers crossed!

@tomahawk, great review, and thanks! It sounds like those insane POV and offside videos that were floating around the Internet did it justice. I’m even more excited now!

You said “throughput incredible,” how would you compare the capacity to other rides you’ve ridden and when would you recommend riding? I’d kind of like more than one ride on it. I don’t want it to be one of those top tier coasters that you have to Eminem and only give it one shot and hope it doesn’t miss its chance to blow.

Also...how’s it compare to other RMCs you’ve been on?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
10 days until I ride it! Only a 25% chance of rain so fingers crossed!

@tomahawk, great review, and thanks! It sounds like those insane POV and offside videos that were floating around the Internet did it justice. I’m even more excited now!

You said “throughput incredible,” how would you compare the capacity to other rides you’ve ridden and when would you recommend riding? I’d kind of like more than one ride on it. I don’t want it to be one of those top tier coasters that you have to Eminem and only give it one shot and hope it doesn’t miss its chance to blow.

Also...how’s it compare to other RMCs you’ve been on?

So here's the thing. It was 107 yesterday and about 50% humidity. It was ****ing awful outside. We hustled straight there at opening, and it took about a half hour to open. When it did, there weren't too many people in front of us, we were just past the cattlepen and were on off inside 20 mins. We immediately got back in line, and had a pretty decent line. It was well past the cattlepen, basically in line with the dive loop/raven loop, whatever they call it, and we were on in about 30-35 mins, we were betting it would be an hour.

The station design is very efficient. Essentially they prep 4 trains at the beginning of the station, and it's basically a free for all. So 28 people have their choice of where to sit, so the first 8 can just pick all front and back seats, but both rides, we were lucky and were the first two to pick seats. First ride we were seats 1 and 2, and then I wanted front so we were 1 and 8. They have a LOT of staff working. They had one doing batching, one unlocking restraints, one taking loose items (no locker for this), one checking, and one at the panel. I never saw the train stop in station, they are fast enough that if there is a walk of shame, it still doesnt stop. Restraints are most forgiving of all RMC.

Out of the now 8 I've ridden, the only Iron Horse above it is Storm Chaser, and then the two toppers of course. It's a pretty clear line between the rest. Keep in mind I dont have a single cred East of Ohio, but it's currently my second favorite steel only besides X2.

We did go back before we left and they had removed the third train, no idea why, and while it was only half cattlepen full, it was definitely going to be our longest wait. So go first, and reride as quickly as you can, probably 3 or 4 times, but it is extremely intense, it will take a lot of energy out of you.

One final note. Hydrate like a ****ing camel. This is going to be a hell of a summer, and it will wipe you out quickly. The park in general has great operations, they do have some indoor shows to help cool down, but be careful. We lasted three hours in the heat, and it was to the point I just said **** it, I'll get the two missing creds I need (boomerang and freefly) later in the year. I dont need an excuse to go to San Antonio, as it's beautiful, but **** it in the summer.

Snoo

The Legend
I'm glad friends and others have been rating this ride very high as of late and having liked. With that.. I can't WAIT for the bigger machines to be built.