What's new

SF to introduce "Platinum FlashPass"

RCF

Strata Poster
Screamscape said:
Six Flags - (3/15/10) I don’t know too many details, but I’m told that many Six Flags parks will be launching a new premium priced level of FlashPass this summer. They’re calling it the Plantnium FlashPass and it along will cost you more than what you paid to get into the park… but they promise that it will cut down your wait time on attractions by 90% as well as include a benefit that lets you ride two times in a row without getting off. Much like regular FlashPass, the price of the Platnium access will also vary from park to park. For example… according to my source the cost set for Six Flags New England right now is $80… while Six Flags Great Adventure is pricing it at $102.

I think this is insane tbh. Just another scheme for Six Flags to get money.[/quote]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
I think this is insane tbh. Just another scheme for Six Flags to get money.
FYI - FlashPass is a separate company & is not owned by Six Flags. Of course Six Flags has a operating deal with FlashPass, but it is my understanding that it is a flat fee that varies from park to park. FlashPass will make more money, but I don't think this will add much to Six Flags' bottom line.

RCF

Strata Poster
oh my bad. Thanks Jerry for clearing that up.

Well then obviously they're greedy bastards because those prices are too crazy. :p

I don't think it's that bad to be honest.. Like, obviously don't buy one at your home park, but if you're traveling to a park that you don't think you'll be back at, I'd buy it. Then again I'd probably get the Gold one or whatever, which is cheaper than this and pretty much justas good

Snoo

The Legend
Of course, you can still buy a cheaper one. If you are visiting a park once.. ever.. for the rest of your life.. then MAYBE.

Ben

CF Legend
Wouldn't even hesitate getting one if I was off to one of the large Six Flags parks at peak times.

I want one now <3

nealbie

CF Legend
Ben said:
Wouldn't even hesitate getting one if I was off to one of the large Six Flags parks at peak times.

I want one now <3

I agree with this - and an immediate re-ride? YES PLEASE!!!

Tony

Hyper Poster
Sounds good to me. I usually opt for Fast-track/Flashpass etc.. when visiting a park on a busy day and I don't mind paying for them.

Usually I travel a long distance to get to the park and I want to get as many rides in with the limited time I have. If people don't like it then don't get it...

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I don't think it's that bad to be honest.. Like, obviously don't buy one at your home park, but if you're traveling to a park that you don't think you'll be back at, I'd buy it. Then again I'd probably get the Gold one or whatever, which is cheaper than this and pretty much justas good

Yeah...that's what I was thinking. This sounds exactly like a Gold Q-Bot except for you get an immediate re-ride, which I would not pay that much extra for.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A mate of mine is planning a trip to Alton Towers this year and asked me of they did these VIP fastpass things, like they do at Thorpe.

I looked it up (why he couldn't I don't know) and yes, yes they do - £80, which is about UD$120.

He replied "Schweet, I'll be getting one of those when I go. I hate queueing."

I looked at him in disgust, throwing his money away, but if he can afford it, then why the **** not? It's not my money he's spending so good luck to him.

The moral of the story is that there are people out there that will buy these passes regardless. They are great in peak times, but I've never purchased one and probably never will.

The other moral of the story is, if you're rich, then you can skip the queues.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm usually "against" this sort of thing. However, there's a good chance I'll be going to Magic Mountain in the summer. I only want to do it as a day trip, so some sort of flash pass is probably the only way I'll get to ride everything, so **** it.