What's new

SF Magic Mountain |"Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom"| Drop Tower

dominoes

Mega Poster
Re: SF Magic Mountain |"Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom"| Drop Towe

I hope it launches you down like on Detonator at Thorpe Park. Cause that is the scariest ride I have ever been on.

Nic

Strata Poster

OMFG, seriously, when is this thing due to open? I need it in my life. Those restraints <3

Trouble is, I'm pretty sure Hurakan Condor is the biggest drop tower I've ever done, and was one of the most disappointing ride experiences I've ever had. I hope this doesn't turn out to be the same :(

+1 for Det and Viper being awesome. Apocalypse is probably still my fave though, so *tiny* isn't always best.

Gazza

Giga Poster

I hope it launches you down like on Detonator at Thorpe Park. Cause that is the scariest ride I have ever been on.
Intamin drop towers don't do that, so I'm not sure why you are "hoping" for that feature?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Nic said:
OMFG, seriously, when is this thing due to open? I need it in my life. Those restraints <3

Trouble is, I'm pretty sure Hurakan Condor is the biggest drop tower I've ever done, and was one of the most disappointing ride experiences I've ever had. I hope this doesn't turn out to be the same :(

+1 for Det and Viper being awesome. Apocalypse is probably still my fave though, so *tiny* isn't always best.

June 30 is official day of opening. Was there today, they were working on the breaks, both cars are attached, no testing though.

Nic

Strata Poster

30th June? I REALLY hope that goes to plan! :D

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Woo, this is awesome news! But don't know if those should be called lap bars or otsr, they look kinda like the new B&M wing rider restraints without the west. Hybrid so to speak. Looks really awesome!

Xpress

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:
Nic said:

June 30 is official day of opening. Was there today, they were working on the breaks, both cars are attached, no testing though.

I sure as hell hope that the thing works after that :?

Ethan

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
Woo, this is awesome news! But don't know if those should be called lap bars or otsr, they look kinda like the new B&M wing rider restraints without the west. Hybrid so to speak. Looks really awesome!

They are called lap bars because... they are lap bars.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

No, a lap bar can't go down over your shoulders, they have to go on the side, like Blue Fire for an example. These will go over your shoulders, just not touch them. A hybrid indeed.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Even though smaller, less broad people's shoulders won't be beneath them...

Intricks

Strata Poster

Trust me, Ive gotten into this argument with the Skyrush folk, it comes over your shoulder, so it is an Over the Shoulder Lap Restraint.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Not the same thing, Skyrush restraints clearly goes besides the body, when pulled down. these things will not.
Nothing to argue about tough, so I'm stopping now.

Xpress

Strata Poster

It depends on where the restraint holds you in from. A lap bar is a restrain that holds you in from your lap, regardless of where the support comes from for said bar. An OTSR holds you in from your lap as well as provides upper body support. Which in theory could be supported from below the seat, in front.

So it doesn't matter what type of restraint it is, they all hold you in from your lap.

Lofty

CF Legend

At the end of the day, this has lap bars. The main restraining of yourself is through your thighs, therefore, lap bar. Most OTSR's do put the pressure on your lap, BUT, they cover your shoulders in a direct form, these and Blue Fire's don't have direct contact with your shoulders. Just because the pivoting point between the restraint and car isn't in front of the guests, so they pull the restraint towards them (compared to pulling them down from above), doesn't mean it's NOT a lap bar...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

So if these are indeed lap bar's, why would they now be adding padding to them??

Ethan

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
So if these are indeed lap bar's, why would they now be adding padding to them??

I dunno, for comfort? :D

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Hopefully!

Damm sad that these new restraints did not make it in time for ATMOsfear last year :(

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Does it really matter? They keep people from dying, so who cares if it's a lap bar or and over the shoulder restraint or an over the shoulder lap bar or a seat belt or an over the shoulder lap bar seat belt restraint omgwtfbbq thing.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ Off course, but if it's possible to get lapbars, that would off course be the best solution?