What's new

Sea world is it worth it.

alexr

Hyper Poster
I am thinking of going to see world next week whilst in florida...
Is it worth going to as iv looked it up and it doesent seem that there that many rides...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Not that I've been (well, I have but it was years ago before they had ANY rides), but if I was in Florida I'd make the effort to go, if only for Manta, which looks amazing. Then you've got Kraken, Atlantis and the kiddy coaster.

Sea World isn't about the the rides though; they're more of a "bonus" that you get along with the animals and shows, which is what most people go there for. If you're going with the attitude to "get the credits" then I doubt you'll get much from the place.

Similarly, I'm having real problems in deciding whether I want to spend so much money to go to Sea World in San Diego. There's only one coaster there, I'm not really into the whale and dolphin thing, and I've been to enough aquaria to last a lifetime.

alexr

Hyper Poster
I know what you mean im struggling to think as im not into dolphins n stuff
but the coasters they have there look good...

CMonster

Giga Poster
Manta is definetly worth it, and the Shamu and dolphin shows are pretty cool, even if they're not your thing.

I say go for it.

Snoo

The Legend
Manta alone makes it worth it.. as Kraken is poor.. but if you want coasters.. drive 45 minutes to BGT.. solves your problem of paying a lot for coasters.

I personally liked Sea World, but then again I was only eight and didn't go on too many rides. Still, it's a nice park if you need something to fill your day, but if you're pressed for time, I wouldn't really bother. The coasters that they have and have added since I have been there look quite impressive though.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Sea World does bore me a tad. But I haven't been since Manta and if you haven't been before I think it's worth it. While you're in Orlando you may as well do everything.