What's new

Schwaben Park | Wilde Hilde | RES Roller Ball

Pear

Strata Poster
media.media.25e2f1e7-57cb-4abf-a4b1-845fc950c063.original.media

Ethan

Strata Poster
They'll look nice with some theming on, they do look like Junior Zacspin cars don't they! The shaping on those seats does look a little uncomfortable, though it could just be me. I guess there won't be much force on this coaster anyway.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Meh. Looks better than the animation, which I guess is good, but it's hardly saying much...

Jared

Hyper Poster
It was never going to be doing flips and speeding round like crazy. It’s a family coaster and I think it looks good for what it is.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Haha, that video actually got a smile out of me. Didn't realize how big the cars were compared to the track (maybe I'm just used to seeing RCT's Dizzy Dropper) but it looks like a fun little coaster. The rocking out of some of those raven turns looks pretty amusing. US parks take note! I'd love to see these pop up at some of our smaller parks, Waldameer, Beech Bend, and Morey's strike me as great candidates for something like this.

As much as I like it, I still want to see the thought process for "let's build the RCT Dizzy Dropper almost exactly as it is in game, theme it to a chicken coop of all things, and actually spend money to get IMAscore to make Popcorn sang by clucking chickens as a ride soundtrack." I love it, but that something this ridiculous actually got built amazes me.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Schwaben have announced in a press release that the official opening of Wilde Hilde has been delayed until next season however they open to soft open it soon:

"The official opening of the 'Wilde Hilde' will unfortunately only take place next season. Testing will still take place this Autumn.

Schwaben Park would like to make this globally unique attraction available to its young guests. Once all fine adjustments have been completed, the system and its minimum age of 5 years and height restriction of 110cm can be approved by TÜV.

The project manager Viktor Mazzoleni of Ride Engineers Switzerland explains: "For the perfect and family-friendly ride experience certain adjustments have to be made, which take an extremely long time. If the gondola drives too fast or is braked too hard, too much stress will be applied to the body. This is exactly what is not desired in this family attraction. After all, the Schwaben Park wants to inspire the young audience with "Wilde Hilde". "

The system has been put through its paces for weeks, every new setting and adjustment is documented and extensively tested.
Meanwhile, the "Wilde Hilde" has nearly 2000 rides behind.

"We can understand the disappointment of our guests", say the managing directors Thomas and Guido Hudelmaier. "Nevertheless, we hope and ask for understanding of our guests, since it is about a prototype. There is no comparable system worldwide. We continue to do our utmost to have some soft openings this Autumn as part of our testing." This getting to know each other between man and machine is enormously important for the overall experience.