What's new

Scenery Placement Trick

reddude333

Giga Poster
As per request I have decided to show a step by step demo of how to use the trick that allows me to overlap scenery objects without collision issues. I hope this will be of help to everyone...

So I will start with this fairly unthemed improvement of my family coaster entry from the final round of Mouse’s competition.
SceneryDemo1.png

Start by placing a few rocks* in places where you are sure you want to have them. This just makes it less to place later.
SceneryDemo2.png

One usage of this trick is to place scenery items in places that “intersect” with rides or tracks. Here I found a perfect place to put this rock, but the game won’t let me place it there because of collision issues.
SceneryDemo3.png

Start by placing the scenery item you want somewhere clear of any other scenery. Next, place a single track segment somewhere near the scenery (I always use alpine coasters for this because I find them useless otherwise :p and because it’s right at the top of the list)
SceneryDemo4.png

Exit the coaster construction and then reselect the coaster. Click on the details tab (1) and then select the second button from the left of the window (2). This will allow you to choose the scenery that you want to save with your “coaster”. When it is selected, the fence will have a cyan outline.
SceneryDemo5.png

Now use your cursor to select the terrain that contains the scenery pieces you want to save, in this case the rock. Also note I named my roller coaster based on what scenery I saved with it (just “Demo Rock” for this case) so that I don’t lose track of what’s what. Click the blue floppy disc “Save Track” button.
SceneryDemo6.png

Go into the coaster tab and select the folder next to Alpine Coaster (or whatever you used) and select the “coaster” of your choice.
SceneryDemo7.png

Now place the scenery where you would like and it will not have collision problems. You can even have the track segment intersect things (which is something you need to take heed of or take advantage of). Finally, just delete the track segment and the scenery will be left behind.
SceneryDemo8.png

Even place multiple scenery items at once. If some are in the right place and others aren’t (like the far left rock) just place the coaster then delete the scenery you don’t want there.
SceneryDemo9.png

And with a little more work you’ve got this.
SceneryDemo10.png

*the rocks used here are under the scenery tab and in the category of prehistoric

I would love to post some other examples of how this trick can be used. I will do so here whenever I get another break. Hopefully this is enough to get you started. Comment below if you have any questions, etc.