What's new

Scariest Roller Coaster You've Ridden

Luxornv

Mega Poster
Windstorm at Old Town in Kissimmee. We stopped at Fun Spot and Old Town just to get a few extra credits. It seemed weird approaching the ride since it was packed in the very back of the park. We were there at night, and there were no lights on this at all. Getting closer, we could see several layers of paint chipping off of it. As I stepped in the train, I could feel the floor flexing under my weight. I understand head choppers, but there were a few sections where the supports came really close to the train. After getting off of the ride, we realized that there was actually a maximum height on this that we all exceeded. I'm not sure how this was able to pass inspection.

A101

Mega Poster
For me it was definitely what is probably considered to be the most hated upon coaster at Cedar Point; Mean Streak. The awkward banking and jittery trains made it feel like the trains would actually fly off of the tracks!

HRRider

Roller Poster
This one's easy - a flat ride - THE BERSERKER at Kings Dominion. Every time i ride it, which is rare, i can just see the center hinge cracking and the whole boat crashing down. Hanging there upside down is just ridiculous :shock: . By far the most scared i've been on a ride
Grizzly, my first ride made me feel like I was going to be thrown from the car and hit the tunnel. Great ride!
Haha yes this is up there too. Grizzly definitely makes you feel like you caught the ride when it's finally going to fly off the tracks. :twisted:

I'll also add the Loch Ness as a 8-9 year old. Rode in the back seat with my brother. My first real airtime on that first drop (at the time tallest in the world i think) was definitely a scary thing for me back then

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I don't find many coasters that scary, but ones that come to mind would X2 the first few times, i rode it and the Wild Mouse at BPB every ride.

I find really big water slides much scarier especially the ones with the trap door.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I don't find many coasters that scary, but ones that come to mind would X2 the first few times, i rode it and the Wild Mouse at BPB every ride.

I find really big water slides much scarier especially the ones with the trap door.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ I agree with you on waterslides. It was the first time in few years that I was scared about riding something, when I was at the top of Aqualoop back in April.
X2 was also a crazy experience, but not so scarry. I laughed the whole way through, while my dad was panicking about losing his glasses.

Bastille

Roller Poster
Tomahawk at Dorney Park was pretty bad. I got thrown around a lot on that ride, also almost gave my friend next to me a concussion with my arm. :lol:

CheeseBoy8

Roller Poster
CoastingChris50 said:
Soarin Eagle I felt like I was going to fall out because of how odd the restraint system is I felt it was so sketchy the whole ride. It was fun because I was scared. Also my first ride on Bizarro when I first became a coaster lover. The lifthill was terrifying but that ride made me a enthusiast.

I went on Soarin' Eagle with my friends yesterday and I was literally holding on for dear life. The restraints and the ride itself does not look or feel safe at all. Going upside down on a ride like that felt out of place and terrifying. Falling back onto the guard thing behind the seat on the inversions makes you feel like you are going to fall out. But of course, the adrenaline junkie that I am, I went back on. :p

NegativeG

Roller Poster
Bastille said:
Tomahawk at Dorney Park was pretty bad. I got thrown around a lot on that ride, also almost gave my friend next to me a concussion with my arm. :lol:

Do you mean Thunderhawk? There's no ride at Dorney called Tomahawk.

jackandylan123

Roller Poster
I have to say the scariest ride I have been on (and probably the scariest in Britain) is Stealth at Thorpe Park... :--D Loved it to bits

CoasterGoddess

Roller Poster
It's not a roller coaster, but the ride I was the most scared to get on was the Supreme Scream @ Knotts Berry Farm. It was my first drop ride. I feel much more safe and it is easier on my stomach on coasters than on tall drop rides. Now to conquer my fear next time I'm at SF Magic Mountain I will have to get up the courage to ride Lex Luther's 400 ft drop ride.

jolash

Mega Poster
The first time I had ever ridden TTD was pretty terrifying. It was the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the WORLD at the time, and it launches with incredible force. I didn't know what to expect. Considering its still one of the only rides that can give me a hint of anxiousness, I say it's a pretty good one for this topic.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Roller coasters don't scare me. But to the average person, probably griffon, kingda ka, or intimidator 305. But i found none of them to be scary.