What's new

Scariest Rides

Rush

Giga Poster
That horrible ferris wheel at California's Adventure, the one with the gondolas which slide along the rails. Really really terrifying experience, not helped by the fact that you're pretty confined in that cage.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Taylor, you forgot any ferris wheel, which just causes pure amusement for all of us.

Goliath (SFMM)- I was forced on before I liked coasters. I think it was my dad or brother who had agreed I would walk through, and then they sat down and said sit, you are riding this. Loved it.
Top Thrill Dragster- We let two people trying to ride with friends go before us, they got the roll back, I was pissed, but it made my dad almost wet himself, good fun!
Voyage- It was more excited than scared.
Supreme Scream (KBF) To this day I hate drop towers, scare the crap outta me.

RCF

Strata Poster
1: Usually a really tall drop tower
2: Any ride over 300 feet
3: any ride over 300 feet
4: see above
5: see above

Ben

CF Legend
dropthefloor93 said:
^^Ben I refuse to ride that thing. I think that could easily top Insanity.

See, I don't think so.

They basically "do" the same thing, except Insanity is still twice the height. And you're looking down.

Plus, Insanity looks like the whole thing is going to snap off the edge of the building. The chains are scarier, yes, but Insanity doesn't look safe either.

I dread to think what any ride that scares me more than Insanity would do...

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Flight of Fear gives me a small chill, and hanging forwards on Deja Vu is pretty thrilling, but nothing really scares me. I'm completely used to drop towers so now they're just "fun" and not scary.

I think the only fear I have now is the fear of getting sick. For example, riding Boomerang's and SLC's or rough woodies for the credit and wondering how bad they will be, or getting forced on some spinning flat rides. :p

I haven't done Stratosphere yet but I know getting on XScream would be tough. I also really want to do a Skyflyer, which would probably also scare me (initially).

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
uppswinget - liseberg particularly when you only just squeeze in

pndol- tibidabo

wild eagle - fort fun germany

apocalypse stand up floorless

kanonen liseberrg - scary to think how bad it is

coasterC

Roller Poster
The 5 rides that scared me most are Oblivion, Venom, Detonator, SAW, and Speed: no limits. Im scared of drops too :) SheiKra didnt scare me though. That really was a pitiful drop. Oblivion all the way!!!!!!!!!!

RiderFreakout

Roller Poster
um from least scariest to **** your pants scary
Jaws
Twister
A bug's Life (Not really a ride but I still refuse to go even to this day)
Dinosaur
Alien Encounter (when it still existed)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
1. Waterfall - Oakwood
2. Waterfall - Oakwood
3. Waterfall - Oakwood
4. Waterfall - Oakwood
5. Waterfall - Oakwood.

One mention for each time I've been on it (I've been on it more than 5 times, but this is a top five ;) ).

http://www.coasterforce.com/waterfall

Beyond vertical drop (it feels like it), on a tea tray, with potential for total wetness if you screw up. The tension when you're on the rollers on top of that thing stays with you until you come in at the end. It's the most complete end-to-end adrenaline ride I've ever been on, bar none.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
^^ Agreed.... If you fail on that ride, you pretty much loose all dignity too... and what other ride can do that?!

I was also filling my pants on the Nautic Jets at Wicksteed... but that was a once only kind of ****ting yourself... after the first go... kinda disappears!

Beans

Hyper Poster
Detonator!!

I love towers that ping you up like Power Tower at Cedar Point did that a few times but never did the Drop side, just hate drop towers scares me badly

shane790_0

Roller Poster
Not many rides scare me but th manhatten exprese (new york new york hotel in vegas) did, due to the fact it felt like it was leaving the track1

Oblivion was the one that scared me untill i rode it

A

Anonymous

Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
Magnum XL-200 - Cedar Point
Jack Rabbit - Kennywood
Tower of Terror - WDW
Big Thunder Mountain - WDW, I hate the restraints because its one bar and its impossible sitting with a fat person because they can't push it in without killing the person.