What's new

Scariest ride/coaster you've ridden

andrus

Giga Poster
Hanuted House at Knoebels. There's some really good scare effects on that ride! And I remember Katia (my partner) being terrified all the way through :--D Great ride!

Coaster-wise I haven't experienced any ride that I was "scared" by. Although I was a little anxious going on X2 since I thought it would be a violent ride, but it was actually rather comfortable :) Drop towers though; love (and hate) the suspense!

EthC

Mega Poster
The Stand up ride on Apocalypse (Drayton Manor) and Hurakan Condor! **** me up every time!!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
For feeling as if you're going to be thrown out, Skyrush and Bizarro.

For fears when the ride is getting into "launch" position - Pendol at Tibidabo and wild eagle at fort fun

For looking unsafe - many of the vintage flats (although they've done a pretty good job at not falling down!)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I rode X2 a couple of weeks ago for the first time and it scared the crap out of me.

I've never really heard anyone really say that ride is pant-poopingly scary, so it really caught me off guard.

I'm not fazed by heights at all, to an unusual level where I could happily lean forward on Lex Luther to stare at the ground as it fell and commented excitedly about the shaking tower whilst everyone else was like JOEY SHUT UP... And I really like coasters that feel like they're trying to throw you out, like Ultimate, Voyage, Skyrush, etc.

Something about X and the lead up to riding it was weird. It's station area reminded me of Oblivion or the drop tower at Liseberg - kinda stark and moody. The ridiculous pathway to find the ride entrance that leads you away from the main park, the colour scheme of the ride since rebranding, the pre-boarding locker faff of anxiousness, the bleek, huge station, the weird lift-hill, the on board music.... And the clearly ridiculous and intense sensations as it throws you about relentlessly.

It's an incredible ride and it's actually petrifying.

It also made me nauseous, which isn't rare for me, but if there had been the opportunity to walk back on it I dunno if I would have.

mouse

Giga Poster
Agreeing with everyone saying Oblivion, even after riding it multiple times I still don't think the car will fit through the hole.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Joey said:
I rode X2 a couple of weeks ago for the first time and it scared the crap out of me.

I've never really heard anyone really say that ride is pant-poopingly scary, so it really caught me off guard.

I'm not fazed by heights at all, to an unusual level where I could happily lean forward on Lex Luther to stare at the ground as it fell and commented excitedly about the shaking tower whilst everyone else was like JOEY SHUT UP... And I really like coasters that feel like they're trying to throw you out, like Ultimate, Voyage, Skyrush, etc.

Something about X and the lead up to riding it was weird. It's station area reminded me of Oblivion or the drop tower at Liseberg - kinda stark and moody. The ridiculous pathway to find the ride entrance that leads you away from the main park, the colour scheme of the ride since rebranding, the pre-boarding locker faff of anxiousness, the bleek, huge station, the weird lift-hill, the on board music.... And the clearly ridiculous and intense sensations as it throws you about relentlessly.

It's an incredible ride and it's actually petrifying.

It also made me nauseous, which isn't rare for me, but if there had been the opportunity to walk back on it I dunno if I would have.
This a thousand times over. I have only ever ridden X2 at night - and what a ride! Ascending a slow 175 lift hill backwards to drop vertically face down in a matter of seconds is quite the experience.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Still my favorite coaster experience is that flip down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ X-Scream was my personal favorite/most terrifying, as it really gave you a sense of how high up you are. The teetering action didn't help either! :razz:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hez7jaD5lak[/youtube]

tomahawk said:
Still my favorite coaster experience is that flip down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Truth!

Utter_Terror

Roller Poster
My two scariest rides I've ever been on at an amusement park were Supreme Scream at Knott's Berry Farm (because of its 250+ foot drop, just rode it yesterday for the first time) and Tower of Terror at the Disney parks (because you're only restrained with a seat belt). However, I absolutely LOVE them both because they are scary and I have ridden them both multiple times. The scariest roller coaster I've been on is Xcelerator at Knott's and even then, it wasn't that frightening to me.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
I've always thought HUSS Top Spins are scary. Just getting flipped around so fast, plus the ball crushing restraints are awful. Still a fun ride from time to time but I skip them most of the time. The first time I rode Goliath SFGAm, I wasn't scared but it caught me off guard lol.

jackdude101

Roller Poster
Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach in Walt Disney World. It's only 120 feet tall and I've ridden roller coasters over 3 times that height, but this thing scared the bejeezus out of me.