What's new

SAW: The Ride

coastergeek14

Roller Poster
Hello, I have a question about SAW the ride.

Was there going to be a different theme to the coaster before Lionsgate jumped on board?

Thanks. :)

Darren B

Giga Poster
Yeah it was originally going to be an Intamin Giga coaster themed to the teletubbies, green track to mimmick the landscape and orange supports to represent the sun, And it would also run with 4 cars, one purple, one green, one yellow........

On a Serious note I think it would be highly unlikely, I don't think TP would have gone for a Eurofighter in normal circumstances, However the themeing for SAW must have cost them an absolute bomb and therefore left them with little choice but to bag a budget coaster. If there was a different theme planned my bet is that it wasn't matched up with a Eurofighter.

Ben

CF Legend
Funnily enough, a lot of speculation and rumour points towards the fact there actually was meant to be a different theme to it to start with. One more akin to Mystery Mine than what we have now.

I can't remember if that was from initial plans or just discussion, but, a lot of talk points towards Lionsgate getting on board very late. It's of course just talk, so, you have to take it with a massive wad of salt.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeah as has been said it was thought that the Saw theme was an after thought as nothing in the plans pointed towards a Saw theme.

I believe the only bit of themeing that was left out was this windmill though.

1230.DCONEPLAN.003-001.jpg

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think... They were after the Saw brand from the start. I think they wanted a horror themed ride and the initial stuff we saw leaked was from before they had confirmed a deal with Lionsgate, but they would have been in communication with them then. There was a chance they wouldn't get the Saw brand, so it had to be something that worked without it. I guess that's why it can seemed a bit tacked on last minute. In reality, I think it was considered from the start. The brand must have been costly, and that's why like has been mentioned they went for a Eurofighter. I guess had they not got the brand the ride would have been very cheap!

tks

Strata Poster
I'm sure they'll turn it into some sort of haunted lumber mill when the Saw franchise finally dies a slow and painful death. Or it could just fall down and be replaced by something decent. Either option is good.