What's new

Saw The Ride Recreation!!! Last Update: 26th October 09

Jared

Hyper Poster
How many ft high or how long?

Its about 8 meters off the floor as the station building is 10 meters high.
If you want length its about 28meters, split into 6sections, two loading, two unloading and one waiting break, then theres a 3 meter section of straight into the first corner.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I'd go for about 7m/22.9ft high track for the station. Station roof is 10m.

There are 7 car positions in the station of which it uses the last 6 in operation. There is 1 just after loading car 1 to create spacing, letting the second car progress faward.

There are 3 sections on the final break area just for info. 2 are for car 7 and 8 to wait. The 3rd being the magnetic brakes.

Hope any of that helps.

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
Yes it does thanks... Anyone got any pics I could use for textures? Need to start building them up, as I'm coming to the end of the track

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
Track work has just been completed... Now I am on to scenery.
Comments appreciated, and tips... Textures and pictures especialy.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sweet mother of god!

This is going to come out the wrong way, but I'd seriously improve your track building skills before attempting anything like this. It's hard enough to build a good ride in NL, but to get a re-creation is just desperate. It doesn't look like you have the skill in NL to get even close.

Don't mean to sound bad, but I'd drop it now, come back in a few years, then possibly attempt it.

You need to really work on some core skills first. I'm sure we can give you a hand with it, but you won't be able to do a re-creation that is worth doing otherwise.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
For a start, select a vertex and press Ctrl+G to smooth. Do the same with the next one (apart from vertexes bordering straight track), and keep on throughout the ride. This will vastly improve your track, but still not make it perfect.

Enable "show heartline" from every angle. That will (in all essence) allow you to see the path the car takes. That path better be smooth, and so should the track.

Try to get the basic shaping of elements right. Look at pictures, RCDB has plenty of them. Try to see where your differs from the original, and fix them. At the moment, anything could improve your track.

Each hill or top point should be lower than the previous one. As in, the Immelmann after the drop should be the second tallest point of the ride.

Fiddle around with supports a bit, try to get to know how to make them. WoodMagic isn't optimal for Steel coasters...

Read the in-game tips. They are quite helpful. Do it.

I hope this was of help. You've seemed to get the very basics right, and have put together a track, at least. NL may be a bit hard to use the first few times, but you'll get smoothing right eventually. Keep practising, and you'll be right up there in no time.

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
Thanks very much Pokemaniac, that will help me alot. Good tips from you, and I forgot to say that that was my second track created. I will follow your tips

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, sorry, I didn't meant to sound that much like a grouch. Re-reading my post it sounds much more agressive that I wanted it to.

All I was meaning was you need to get practising at trackwork before you do anything else, otherwise this re-creation in going to be a bit of a flop.

Poke's tips are a good place to start.

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
Yeah it did come out strangely... I'll continue this project as said; but may re-make it in the near future after this one's finished.

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
I've kept quiet for a while now, and thought I'd reveal what's happened...
saw.png

Any comments; Good or bad appreciated. NO 3D'S HAVE BEEN DONE, AS I'VE BEEN DOING THIS.
Thanks

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
^Looks miles better. Can't wait to see more!

Maybe replacing those pre-fab suports that you have put in there with custom, that would make it better. :)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It sounds hard at first but it actualy isn't once you get the hang of it. Just use two new nodes for each tube or bar and make sure that they would work in real life. Often you see low supports sticking out at silly angles, but they would need to be straight. Just look at real supports to see how they do it, and then try and copy that.