What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

Ollie

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
AHHHH Polygons of death!
Make those grid fences into .tga files and alpha channel them!
Eh? English please.

I've almost finished my first year at college anyway so work on this should slowly continue soon.

Just to let you know roughly where I am with everything...

-Indoor ride section - 95%
-Outdoor area (shops/signs) - 70%
-Indoor Queue line - 98%
-Front farcade of building - 100%
-Back of building - 0%
-Ride track - 90%
-Indoor Station - 7%

So still got quite a bit to go. I just hope I don't finish it and get loads of people saying it's crap. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Got to get back on it for a bit this evening. Didn't do much. Just resized the barriers on the platform, put in a couple of empty tables, put up a few signs and also made a start on sorting out the back wall of the station.

Saw86.jpg

Comparing to what it was like...
Ollie said:
Started on the Station. It looks a bit tacky at the moment, but I hope to sort it out.
Saw85.jpg

So not alot, but this was more to show I am starting to work on it in small sections again. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Changed and added quite a bit today.

I've begun to make the objects scattered on the tables between the gates.
Saw87.jpg

I've also added the numbers to the floor and changed the floor concrete texture. I've also made the bars for the queue look much better by going into more detail, changing the texture and making the actual bars narrower.
Saw88.jpg

I know the floor texture under the numbers stands out from the other floor texture but there's no way (that I know off) to get rid of it.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
We now have air-gates. These took friggin ages to make. I even made them once then Wings decided to crash making me start them again. :(
Anyway here they are. It may not seem like a big update but it's big for me considering how much work goes into each little thing you see here.

Saw89.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I must say, this is very impressive, you can tell you are putting a lot of work in with the small details.

Would it be possible to take a look at the track?

Ollie

CF Legend
I'll try and get more shots of the track later tonight probably. Although it's not got supports and hasn't had it's final smoothing run yet. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Here ya go. Some shots of the track. I've taken the scenery off for these screenshots. Please note that the supports aren't final/finished and the track needs more smoothing done to it.

Indoor section of the ride:
SAW-090709191055000.jpg

Lifthill and second inversion:
SAW-090709191315003.jpg

Overbank and Dive loop:
SAW-090709191120001.jpg

Airtime hill and MCBR:
SAW-090709191234002.jpg

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I think the second inversion should at the hight of the first connection of the first drop. Only a little bigger than it currently is. And you could darken the colours a little.

Other than that, awesome.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I used the plans for the real ride as guidance that have the heights of each point marked. The lifthill and inversions are the exact height as the real ride.
Also the G's at the bottom of the drop are almost perfect. The real ride hits 4.7G's whereas this one hits 4.6G's.

And I'll make the track colour darker next time I'm on it. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
The dive loop comes straight down underneath the entrance. My buddy took a thousand pictures of saw when he was there, lemme see where I put them.

Ollie

CF Legend
The dive loop doesn't come directly under the entrance it goes next to it to the side.

First of all read this...
Please note that the supports aren't final/finished and the track needs more smoothing done to it.

Then look at these...
saw2d.jpg

Couple of POV stills...
Diveloop.jpg

Diveloop2.jpg

And an overhead satellite image...
Diveloop3.jpg

As you can see it comes out of the Dive Loop at a slight angle.

Ollie

CF Legend
It may just be the screenshot making it look like that but it is right. But yeah that screenshot does make it look like it comes down miles away from the entry.

Jared

Hyper Poster
BTW, your forgetting that theres a trench, so that section and the drop on the prelift needs to go down lower than it is currently.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah I know. I'm going to add that in after. Don't forget it isn't finished yet and there's still alot to do.