Saw or Stealth

• Saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Beans

Hyper Poster
Although i like Saw a lot, my love of fast rides means Stealth has to win for this one, just pure Wow, and no pain involved.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Stealth by far. The only coaster that gives me a pure adrenaline rush every time I ride it and a slight quaking at the knees.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
For me, Stealth is not fun. It's just a disappointment after waiting 3 hours for a ride that lasts a mere fifteen seconds, and travels so fast you don't even get chance to realise you've been launched at 80mph 200ft in the air.

Saw - although not the greatest ride ever - has good theming, a great drop, and provides a reasonably fun layout. You've also got the tension of going up the vertical lift and the dark ride section. I can't say it's ever been too rough when I've ridden it either. It also provides fantastic night rides! cool) I will admit, it's not an amazing ride, but for me it definitely beats Stealth.

My favourite coaster at Thorpe has always been Nemesis Inferno.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Saw, definatly more thrilling, airtime, theming, I don't see why Steath it winning urgh!

By someone with a 400 + coastercount :wink:

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
I rode saw today and maybe it's just the novelty, it didn't completely blow me away like stealth did but that is because I was not an enthusiast when stealth came out. Also, saw is not a one trick pony. Stealth has quick launch, one good drop, brakes. Saw is almost 2 rides, a dark ride and then a thrilling ride in one. The airtime on the dark drop, the 95* drop, the hill and especiall the drop out of the MCBR are awesome.

That said, Oblivion, although a one trick pony is one of my favourite rides ever as well. I still think saw is the best ride overall at thorpe, but I'll just have to wait a few weeks as see what I think then.

Fi

Mega Poster
The front row on Stealth is pretty awesome, and it's my favourite ride at Thorpe ( though that doesn't say much :p)
I like how well Saw is themed, but the actual ride isn't all that great.

A

Anonymous

i think saw, stealth is way to quick the ride only last's 30 seconds, atleast with saw you get a nice long ride.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I really like saw, i think its one of the better rollercoasters in britain but i have to vote for stealth, IMO its the best ride in britain and is one of a kind, only blackpool pleasure beach could potentially recreate such a ride in england, nobody else has the cash or the height restrictions to compete.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^To be honest, I don't think Blakcpool could have the cash either...

I've only ridden Stealth, but that was because we didn't bother with Saw. Huge queues, breaks down every now and then (for half an hour) throughout the day, and there are a plenty of other coasters around that do exactly the same. I know Stealth is only height and speed stats put onto a track, but at least it's a more uncommon experience than a steep drop and a few loops. Stealth is the only coaster in Europe so far that does what it does, while we are getting closer to have ten Eurofighters by the season.