What's new

S&S launched coaster for Happy Valley Shenzhen

A

Anonymous

The second S&S launcher for Happy Valley have started to rise as well. This time at Shenzen.This other installation will feature a completely different layout and is due to open next season. It goes (at the moment) by the name: "Shangrila Snowfield".

Picture:
p30463.jpg

Source and more images can be found at: RCDB.

andrus

Giga Poster
This layout looks interesting as well. The hill on the left looks like a more extreme version of the hills on rita/desert race, awesome! I really do hope that some european park decide to build a version of these S&S coasters since I probably never will go to china! :)

Snoo

The Legend
Wow.. S&S is really starting to throw these rides out there aren't they. I hope they throw a few Stateside as well.

andrus

Giga Poster
^^I've searched for info but couldn't find anything. RCDB still list it as "under construction" but also says it's supposed to open in august 2010.. And I can't get the Happey Valley Beijing homepage to work with my computer :(

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I love how China is putting everyone else to shame with all their new rides and theming.

Even when it's a bit half-arsed it still looks better than anything a UK park could manage.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^I wouldn't say half assed. Chinese(Asians in general) have an incredible work ethic and the quality of their work is impressive.

Snoo

The Legend
Of course, the chinese aren't known for their incredible coaster designs.. just their ability to pick people from other countries to come in and design it for them. ;)

But.. in terms of building.. they do put almost every other nation to shame.

Ben

CF Legend
Wow, this is turning out surprisingly awesome, looks better than Intamin's crappy green effort.

Can't wait to ride it when it opens <3

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Will riders be launched up the straight "drop", and down the twisty part, or reverse?

Anyway, it looks quite fun. It's hinted at some nice icy themeing at the left too.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think the launch is up the twisted side, if you look at the layout picture on the last page that's certainly what it looks like.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OK... I don't get the theme, but it looks cool!

I guess the name is Bullet Coaster too?

andrus

Giga Poster
There haven't been any update on this awesome coaster for a long time so I was very happy when I saw that "vistaway" over at TPR had been on a vacation in the area and taken some photos :--D

img_1561_2.jpg

img_1584_0.jpg

100_0033-1.jpg

100_0034-1.jpg

100_0039-1.jpg

100_0043-1.jpg

100_0044-1.jpg

The theming looks ace, the ride is a real beauty imo! Apparently the ride is doing launch tests at the moment. I sure hope ther'll be some more coverage of this soon!