What's new

S&S Gets Bored, Releases Tons of Concept Videos

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
S&S - Sansei has released a number of concept videos, showing new layouts for current models and new models all-together. Lots of concepts that feature back-launch spikes, such as we have seen on the new Star Trek Mack coaster. Which one is your favorite?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
****ing hell what a load of faff! Most are awful as well. Just build more of the huge air launch coasters stop faffing around with 'Rotisserie Switches' and 'drop and bounce track'

Will

Strata Poster
I like the family inverts - except for the stupid backwards and forwards boomerang thing. Aside from the obvious effect on capacity, it's hard to think of an especially good ride that goes backwards.

Then again, I struggle to think of many worthwhile S&S coasters - on this side of the world at least. On the plus side, it looks like a lot of them don't have the nasty skyswat style restraints.

Last edited:

nadroJ

CF Legend
I like the family inverts - except for the stupid backwards and forwards boomerang thing. Aside from the obvious effect on capacity, it's hard to think of an especially good ride that goes backwards.

The Mr.Freeze coasters are excellent and they go backwards, but they have those funky dual loading platform things to tackle the capacity issue a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Apparently the Family Inverted LSM Single Launch looks a like Drayton Manor... wouldn't know personally!

lachlan

Mega Poster
Apparently the Family Inverted LSM Single Launch looks a like Drayton Manor... wouldn't know personally!
It looks familiar to me. Apparently the Buffalo ride is at the end of its intended lifespan, and will be removed to make way for this. To be honest it doesn't look much more exciting than what's already there

Lofty

CF Legend
The only one that's moderately OK is the elevator coaster because they've signed up with Holovis to create it - what an overly complicated bunch of concepts.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Those videos are very hit and miss but the triple launched El Loco looks great. Nice and compact layout, loads of airtime and a funky finish.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh S&S. <3

Please never stop being insane.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Spent the day on the slopes and get back home to find this with one of the videos removed and the other marked private. I'm guessing one was the high capacity triple launched El Loco posted in the Linnanmäki thread, but don't have a clue as to the other. Has whatever it was been posted anywhere else?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
The other was the pink & white colored "single launch LSM" family invert. Apparently people were recognizing the scenery as Drayton manor, so maybe they're on the cards for a new coaster.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Those "Launches forward but not very fast, then launches backwards up a spike, then launches again" concepts are just silly. Surely they will be hard to keep running when a single launch would provide lower maintenance and arguably a better (if shorter) ride.

The single launch (now removed) and chain lift family inverts look like the only decent concepts here, but would anyone go for an S&S version when Vekoma's SFC is tried, tested and successful? :confused:

Lofty

CF Legend
These shuttle launches are for shorter space requirements if I remember correctly - the build up of momentum for the next element.

mouse

Giga Poster
Wow they're really making the most of their free 30 day trial of no limits.

I like the look of the elevator and loco triple launch coasters, the funky inversions and banking could be fun. None of the gimmicks are massively exciting, but could still provide a bit of novelty to the coasters. Quirkiness and gimmicks are definitely what S&S do best!

IG9887

Roller Poster
Those "Launches forward but not very fast, then launches backwards up a spike, then launches again" concepts are just silly. Surely they will be hard to keep running when a single launch would provide lower maintenance and arguably a better (if shorter) ride.

The single launch (now removed) and chain lift family inverts look like the only decent concepts here, but would anyone go for an S&S version when Vekoma's SFC is tried, tested and successful? :confused:
Ducth Wonderlands the testing ground for S&Ss SFC concept. If MM is successful enough, it could have potential for other parks that want that certain ride. Then again, Vekoma could prove better and cheaper in the long run, but thatll have to wait and see till the end of the year....

Superbatboy

Roller Poster
I think the Twisted Looper concept looked cool, an obvious bite off the Sky Rocket II. However if they can offer it at a lower price than Premier, I could see parks buying them. Doubles as a flat ride and launch coaster