What's new

Rusty Jack - Video and download up!

Kebab

Giga Poster
Rusty-Jack-preview.gif

Hey y'all folks!

This is ma good 'ol wife "Rusty Jack", ain't she a beauty? She's slouching out at the back mah home, soaking up the sunshane and sweating out the good ol' Whiskey just for me and mah sonny's. This ain't no rustay, rough, ugly yodle looking Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter. It's Rusty Jack! And a freakin' unique one at thah!

Just pop open a few bottles a Jack Daniel's and watch good ol' gorjass Rusty soak up the sun...

To be continued

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I love the story bit you've got there!

Adds a lot to it. Not much to comment on picture wise, except it doesn't look very high.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Thanks for the comment Arly :)

I plan to be adventurous with all the projects I'm going to work on. Even if they simply fail, at least I have something for members to follow until the coaster is up for download.

And this is my forth NoLimits rollercoaster so expect flaws, I was putting myself to the test and tutoring myself on supporting, also being my first Euro-Fighter in the making was a bit of a risk but I'm up for pushing myself. :)

Expect an update soon. Thanks.

Kebab

Giga Poster
UPDATE

Preview2height.jpg

Mommah says thah size doe mattah. You can do more damage with ay 4 foot bomb than a 30,000 foot mountain. And yoh can pack thah same punch even if you had a hand thuh size of a baked beayn, to having a fist the size of ay sea lions buddocks.

To be continued...

Because this project seems a bit bland at the moment I will be a star and tease you with more imagery :wink:

Preview2tunnel.jpg

Also some stats are now officially revealed :wink:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Name: Rusty Jack
Type: Steel - Sit down
Make/Model: Gerstlauer Amusement Rides Gmbh/ Compact Euro-fighter (custom)

Speed: 34 mph
Height: 41'
Max. Drop: 40'
Length: --
Inversions: --
G-force: 4.2 G
Max vertical angle: 95 degrees

Trains: --
------------------------------------------------------------

A

Anonymous

It looks really nice, but if you were to change from pre-fab supports to custom ones, then it would be even better.

The first image looks really ace as well.

Kebab

Giga Poster
loefet: Thanks for the comment! I'm very new to NoLimits. If I was to know how or have the skills I would try doing custom supports.

Ollie: Thanks too. Yep its a titchy one :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGV7SMHrXkU[/youtube]

Video is up! And download can be found through the link :)

Slash

Giga Poster
That was pretty darn good!

I really liked it

Good points:

Unique layout
Theming was good (and i mean the way he presented it not necessarily the scenery)
Fast paced, at times

Bad points:

It seemed to dawdle through some of the elements
Heartlining was a bit off
Very snappy banking change near the end
Bit pumpy

Other than that excellent!

6.5/10

Great for your fourth coaster.

(Oh yeah and the beams on the lift, seemed to be a bit too close, may chop off some arms... then again my hands rubbed off things in Space Mountain)

Kebab

Giga Poster
Glad you liked it Slash :) And thanks for the feedback.

It was my first attempt at a Euro-Fighter too, and I had to be different so I ignored inversions and went for more of a twisty ground hugging layout. The theming actually started off as a practise using supports and I got a little carried away :lol:

I need to tutor myself on heartlining, thats one thing I haven't mangaed to do yet, and I know that finale was extremely snappy but I actually tried to make it rather forceful so that it doesn't seem to be a bore at the end.

6.5 is actually reasonable for me as I'm still learning here :lol: So thanks.

Dave

CF Legend
It was a unique, so kudos

Good Points
- Unique Idea
- Passed E-Stop

Bad Points
- Pumpy in the turns which was easily fixed with the smoothing tool
- Pre Fab Supports
- SLOW, pacing was poor
- Car went into the lift hill and track
- Lift wasn't straight

I'd give it around 4/10

Keep making rides! :D

A

Anonymous

I won't give a review of the ride itself, but instead give you some construction tips you can use on your next coaster.

* Make the station so long that it fit's the train. A way too long station looks wrong. You can use the "Station Length For Queue Gates" on http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/calculator , just add number of cars and row/cars and it tell you how long it should be.

* Make it fast enough so that it don't creep through some elements like on that over-bank by the station.

* On twisty bits you should use con-roll (not default when you place a node), since it makes the direction changes smoother. However don't use con-roll on bit's that are straight or the node between a straight and a banked one, since it might make it look strange.

* In the "station area" make sure that you have enough block sections to fit all the trains + 1, this will give your coaster a realistic touch.

Anyway, great job on your newest coaster (I have to say that it was pretty smooth), good luck with your next.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Dave:
I love constructive criticism; I'm so glad you're being honest here otherwise my skills will be going nowhere :lol:

A quick question; what exactly is E-Stop? And I agree it was pumpy, a lot pumpier than Racecoaster I done a few days ago, same goes for how you're saying it's slow, after I finished the layout I did want it be a bit tighter and forceful due to it's size, but I didn't want to ruin it because that happens. I noticed that the car went into the track a few times, and thats something I would try to avoid when making another Euro-Fighter, same with the lift hill, although I couldn't quite notice it until you noted it down.

From what I'd call a proper "NoLimits critic", 4/10 may just be about right for the current stage I'm in, and I'm going to improve so maybe I can boost that 4 to an 8 when I start on another Euro-Fighter in the future. Who knows?

Loefet:
Wow, I'll make sure I'll follow these tips for when making a next coaster, thanks Loefet! I'll have a practise using con-roll in the time I have so I can use it with newer projects I work on. I have been doing plenty of experimenting on NoLimits already, but I still of a lot to be learned. So I'll keep practising and I should become rather good I hope

Thanks for everything Loefet, I owe you a decent coaster :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
For those that don't know, I know this has been a while but I've posted a station to station POV, for those who haven't got NoLimits to judge for themselves.

Looking back I could have made it a lot better :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vYHbRHQ9Dw[/youtube]