What's new

Rumor: Hollywood Studios gets Green Light for Cars Land

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Youngster Joey said:
Mike said:
The new rumour (well, the first I've heard about it), is for a Lord of the Rings themed area.

http://wdwnt.com/rumor-disney-and-warne ... ney-parks/

I believe Tolkien had said He NEVER wanted Disney involved with his works...
He did indeed - but for complicated reasons although they couldn't release the films they still had a small stake in them via the Weinsteins. But I can't see this plan getting past JRR's pain-in-the-arse son Christopher as he hates the films and all things associated with them.

marc

CF Legend
Lord of the Rings is with Universal so that's a no go. They are meant to be working on an attraction, the deal was announced last year.

From what I've read Ioa is losing marvel and it's going to Hollywood Studios. It's also been said it will be Monsters Inc so we shall have to wait now.

It's all up in the air with the park now but I'm happy they are not making a Cars ride.

marc

CF Legend
Now sounding like Star Wars Land will be built in this park. There is meant to be a load of concept art online from the other year but I cannot find it!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
marc said:
Now sounding like Star Wars Land will be built in this park. There is meant to be a load of concept art online from the other year but I cannot find it!

I'm hearing that and/or Monsters Inc. I'd honestly be fine with either, but I'd be deeply saddened if it meant the loss of Muppet Vision

marc

CF Legend
Star Wars land will just extend beyond the current attractions.

There is no plan to do the back part now just the Animal Kingdom and Star Wars.

Both projects will take until 2017.

Star Wars is meant to be getting a coaster, speed bikes just like the Tron coaster in China.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Youngster Joey said:
bmac said:
I guess the speed bikes will be designed to look like the X-Wings or something?

I'd say Pod Racers

Nebulon B Frigates!

Or... Possibly... Wait for it... Dun, dun DUURRRRRNNN!!!!

Speeder Bikes?